DIY Full-Race 3" Downpipe and Catback Exhaust System

I just installed my FR catless DP!! Hey @squiggy how bad is this rasp/ hiss supposed to be though? When I first fired it up I heard it right away sounded like there was a leak or something then once the car heated up it went away and I couldn't find the rpm pint where it was making the sound. Well when I drive that hiss and rasp or whatever it is is very loud? I'm guessing it's supposed to be?

I just installed my FR catless DP!! Hey @squiggy how bad is this rasp/ hiss supposed to be though? When I first fired it up I heard it right away sounded like there was a leak or something then once the car heated up it went away and I couldn't find the rpm pint where it was making the sound. Well when I drive that hiss and rasp or whatever it is is very loud? I'm guessing it's supposed to be?
You need a tune...

You need a tune...
I thought you would say that lol well ok it's next on my things to do! Well I was wondering should I get a PRL short ram/cold air intake? Or should I just do the resonator delete before I get a tune? As in which would benefit out of the 3?

I thought you would say that lol well ok it's next on my things to do! Well I was wondering should I get a PRL short ram/cold air intake? Or should I just do the resonator delete before I get a tune? As in which would benefit out of the 3?
Either intake would be fine. You will get a few more horses from the CAI. I am running the SRI because I didn't want to deal with the battery relocation...and it was cheaper.

Either intake would be fine. You will get a few more horses from the CAI. I am running the SRI because I didn't want to deal with the battery relocation...and it was cheaper.
Yea I was thinking of doing the same and also running the risk of hydrolocking. I know it's pretty hard for that to happen but where I'm at our drainage systems in town sucks so when it rains here it pours and our roads are flooded higher than the curbs. But would the SRI be any better than the stock intake w the resonator delete? Or would it just be a nice piece under the hood.

Yea I was thinking of doing the same and also running the risk of hydrolocking. I know it's pretty hard for that to happen but where I'm at our drainage systems in town sucks so when it rains here it pours and our roads are flooded higher than the curbs. But would the SRI be any better than the stock intake w the resonator delete? Or would it just be a nice piece under the hood.
The PRL SRI has been proven to make some power.

My intake, 3.5" Injen True CAI added about 5-7 HP to the wheels based my numbers with Vit. It requires a tune and a battery relocation. The new location is very similar to the old location in the front, but it uses a different bracket to make room for the tubing.

My intake, 3.5" Injen True CAI added about 5-7 HP to the wheels based my numbers with Vit. It requires a tune and a battery relocation. The new location is very similar to the old location in the front, but it uses a different bracket to make room for the tubing.

Sounds like it is right in line with the PRL CAI. Glad to hear Injen corrected the catastrophe that was their first attempt at a CAI for a 9th Si.

Sounds like it is right in line with the PRL CAI. Glad to hear Injen corrected the catastrophe that was their first attempt at a CAI for a 9th Si.

Yeah, the pictures of that CAI made it look like a choke artist with all of its twists and turns. This one is just a broad, straight 3.5" tube with a slight bend down to my fog light.

Ahhh I don't know what to do!! Lol I want cold air but then I don't cause of hydrolocking but then I want the short ram too!!:( we'll see haha

Ahhh I don't know what to do!! Lol I want cold air but then I don't cause of hydrolocking but then I want the short ram too!!:( we'll see haha
There are hydrophobic covers that you can put on the filters that repel water and keeps it from getting into the filter. They are not suppose to restrict any airflow into the filter either and they are pretty cheap.

H
There are hydrophobic covers that you can put on the filters that repel water and keeps it from getting into the filter. They are not suppose to restrict any airflow into the filter either and they are pretty cheap.
Ok il have to look into that. It's really hard to chose though cause both have their pros and cons you know.

Just got my FR downpipe today. I noticed it didn't come with a gasket that mates to the head. Does it suppose to come with one? Or is reusing the stock one ok. I did notice stock one is smaller than the downpipe opening. Any help is appreciated.

Yeah they don't come with one you are supposed to use the stock one, it will be fine that's what I did or you can buy one on ebay.

Thanks for this write up. I was in the process of taking everything apart this morning, When I got to the bottom to undo lower O2 sensor. I noticed I had oil sipping from somewhere. Looks like it's the passenger side driveshaft. The piece you can see in step 8 of your write up. Anyways have to put everything back to drop off at the dealer. Really was looking forward to installing downpipe so I can begin to tune.

Doing this install tomorrow. Quick question, as far as the exhaust goes, would this DIY apply to the sedan version of the exhaust as well?

Back