2016 Tail Of The Dragon Meet V September 22nd-25th: Chat Thread

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
Meet dates will be Sept 22nd - 25th

I know a lot of details about lodging/dates are still being discussed. Maybe things can be hashed out in this thread.

Meet Date?
Shirts being made?
Itinerary?
Lodging?
Who's interested?

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless the divine god of money shows up I am going to have to miss another year... I have my wedding celebration in October, the wife's SUV is on its last legs and the civic has a overheating issue ( thinking cracked block)

The meet dates will be Sept 15th - 18th. ***Meet is Sept 22-25***

We will most likely have a group dinner on Sat the 17th at The Hubb. Possibly have another dinner or lunch as a group as well.

Lodging will either be at Fontana Village or Tappoco Lodge. Still working out what is the best option price wise and better facility.

Itinerary is still up in the air but will have some set times for drives, meals and maybe other items. Will try to keep it loose but still have some set times to gather and do group events.

Sorry for taking so long to update on anything in regards to the 2016 Dragon meet. Work has been super busy during the 1st quarter of the year and during this time I have sold and moved out of my home and currently in the process of buying a new place and eventually moving again.

Last edited:
The meet dates will be Sept 15th - 18th.

We will most likely have a group dinner on Sat the 17th at The Hubb. Possibly have another dinner or lunch as a group as well.

Lodging will either be at Fontana Village or Tappoco Lodge. Still working out what is the best option price wise and better facility.

Itinerary is still up in the air but will have some set times for drives, meals and maybe other items. Will try to keep it loose but still have some set times to gather and do group events.

Sorry for taking so long to update on anything in regards to the 2016 Dragon meet. Work has been super busy during the 1st quarter of the year and during this time I have sold and moved out of my home and currently in the process of buying a new place and eventually moving again.

Can't make it those days, have a big auto-x event on the 17th. Keith @k757 was talking about going the following week / weekend, 9/22-9/25.

Sounds like a smaller group might be there the 22-25. I might see if I can go then. Or I might just go both weekends. LOL

Yes. I am out unfortunately. I think there will just be too much going on to try and commit to anything at this point.

I mean I'm not saying no but I can't say yes. Possible wedding, house closing, and work. Depending on the dates of the house/wedding I can make it. I just don't know either of them aside from "September."

I'm basically committing to the weekend of 9/22-9/25, can't miss autocross season finale.

Probably staying at the microtel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maybe head gasket?

Maybe.... Plugs are good and the oil has no discoloration.. I was out for a drive one night and I started to smell coolant, looked down and the temp gauge was pegged, dunno for how long, I killed the motor and rolled the car back home...

I really haven't looked at the car in like 6-8 months.... I am just tired of the issues, if it was a car I enjoy i wouldn't mind but the enjoyment is gone..

I have more of a chance to make it this year with money and time off. Would prefer to make it when more people go so either weekend works for me at this moment.

Pic of my new toy for this year. Star specs and some suspension freshening is happening this week. Then probably making an exhaust for it for weight savings.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 31
Pic of my new toy for this year. Star specs and some suspension freshening is happening this week. Then probably making an exhaust for it for weight savings.
such a fun car. I wish I fit in smaller cars (Miata, S2k, MR2, etc.)

Back