Google robot unveiled

That is pretty cool. The last I saw from Google and autonomous vehicles was the dogs. A satellite campus of Planetary Ventures isn't too far from where I work in California.

I was thinking of Data from Star Trek The Next Generation or the movie Ex Machina.

I've seen that one as well. It is pretty cool. It is amazing the stuff you see out here in Silicon Valley.

Hyundai Buys 80% Ownership In Boston Dynamics​

Hyundai this morning announced that it has completed its acquisition of Boston Dynamics. The deal, which values the innovative robotics company at $1.1 billion, was announced in late-2020. The companies have not disclosed any future financial details.

The South Korean automotive giant now owns a controlling interest in Boston Dynamics, previously belonging to SoftBank. Softbank retains a 20% ownership stake in Boston Dynamics. The Japanese investment company was effectively a transitional owner, purchasing Boston Dynamics from Google, which owned the company for just over three years.

While its time with Softbank wasn’t much longer than its stint under Google/Alphabet X, Boston Dynamics saw the commercialization of its first two products since launching nearly 30 years ago.

Back