Official Meaty fitment / Functional thread

Taking time to save up for quality parts other than buying random little parts here and there that takes the same amount of time. When I was younger around 1998 I saved up for two years to buy 5 ZIGEN FNO1RC's 15x6 and Advan A032-Rs 205 50 15. If you want to do something right you should from the start period. Building a strong foundation from the ground up is the best way to have balance with your car. Regardless of the time it takes don't ever take short cuts and leave the excuses for the kids

What's the point of different front wheels? Maybe wheels for autocross up front?

I don't autocross, but it will help in that situation by promoting more grip up front and allowing the car to rotate, assuming you're running a reverse staggered setup. The wheel is a 17x9 +30 et. +35 was very close with the 255 tire, so I jumped to a lower offset to dial in more negative camber.

Running different Wheels isn't really what's going on... it's just having extra set of wheels with different tire options for the most part. Some have been known to do as a cosmetic option as well lol

Correct. I had issues with the front end plowing when I was still running a 235 square setup. Swapped over to a staggered 255/225, and the car is more willing to rotate.
Cosmetic... :hiding: I can see running a different set of front wheels/tires for autocross :thumbsup:

I can't run different wheels (front/rear) on my car :/

It isn't cosmetic for me, however when I see a car that is setup to perform, it makes me happy. A lot of companies don't offer the sizing I want in the same wheel. Take for example the Volk RE30. As of right now, you can buy a 17x8 +35, but you can't find a 17x9 +22, which is ideally what I want to run. Plus you run into the issue of clearance for brake packaging. Whatever floats people's boat, I guess?

6feb3de1df64bac81815ea14044ddbbc.jpg
6feb3de1df64bac81815ea14044ddbbc.jpg

I know this isn't a civic but is this considered meaty? And would that kinda fitment work on a civic? The wheels are ssr gtv02's... if I can get that kinda look I'm going to need these in my life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back