New r18 intake?

I want to see some feedback about using the weapon sri on r18 if you guys get a chance as I initially want to get takeda sri.
Thanks alot :)

Did you want feedback in terms of comparing the Weapon R SRI to the Takeda SRI? Both are very similar, but I think the one main advantage of the Weapon R is that the filter has the ability to add a Ram Air Tube which is included with the intake. With a little bit of customer work, you can place this Ram Air Tube in a strategic spot to take in cold air.

Thank you for your info @PRO Civic . It sounds like the Secret Weapon R SRI is better. My initial choice is Takeda SRI. Do you think it can also add the P2R Throttle Body Spacer with the Weapon R SRI without a problem? What do you think? I may get both if there is no problem with this setup.

@Jake LXer
I am going to see how it works on your R18 as we both live in NY. I am very interested about your feedback.

Thank you all

Last edited:
Thank you for your info @PRO Civic . It sounds like the Secret Weapon R SRI is better. My initial choice is Takeda SRI. Do you think it can also add the P2R Throttle Body Spacer with the Weapon R SRI without a problem? What do you think? I may get both if there is no problem with this setup.

@Jake LXer
I am going to see how it works on your R18 as we both live in NY. I am very interested about your feedback.

Thank you all

No problem, I'm here to help. If you'd like to add the P2R spacer, that is fine, it will not cause any issues. If you're going to be installing the intake you might as well add a spacer into the mix and pick up a few extra hp.

Reactions: Tak
No problem, I'm here to help. If you'd like to add the P2R spacer, that is fine, it will not cause any issues. If you're going to be installing the intake you might as well add a spacer into the mix and pick up a few extra hp.
That's excellent @PRO Civic
I'm gonna save my money. This will be a Xmas gift for myself.

Meanwhile let's see how @Jake LXer 's R18 runs with this intake before the tuning. I wonder if it affects the performance without any tuning.

Thanks

So, drove about 70 miles today and i rate this intake 5 stars. 0-60 is noticeably better and the car pulls harder and passing on the highway is way easier (the downpipe could be contributing) and i can't believe I'm getting this good of a response, i had no idea i was missing out on such performance ... first time using a SRI, i always used a CAI. CANT wait to get this baby tuned

So, drove about 70 miles today and i rate this intake 5 stars. 0-60 is noticeably better and the car pulls harder and passing on the highway is way easier (the downpipe could be contributing) and i can't believe I'm getting this good of a response, i had no idea i was missing out on such performance ... first time using a SRI, i always used a CAI. CANT wait to get this baby tuned

That's a great news @Jake LXer
I've been debating on SRI and CAI. It appears that this Weapon R SRI performance is very good on R18. Especially NY has been very hot in these few days and the Weapon R SRI still performs very good as it seems likely it doesn't have the heat soak issue. It is indeed that the RV6 downpipe has also contributed as well.
Perhaps you may also add the P2R Throttle body spacer to the tube. The P2R TBS is damn cheap. I bet this combination is a very excellent to R18 to gain more hp.

Back