2016 Tail of the Dragon V September 22nd-25th: Registration

If you must know I'm not packed yet (nor do I plan to) and it's really bumming me out. And @bootyluvr knows who's fault it is, too, for passing up a free trip to Cali despite the good advice from @death_roll. :bananapoke:

How is it my fault? I couldn't take that much time off work. I was working on a project Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of this week. If I requested off for this week also they would have denied it.

Reactions: Nix
How is it my fault? I couldn't take that much time off work. I was working on a project Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of this week. If I requested off for this week also they would have denied it.
Hey, i was just joking man. I had scheduling issues myself... but consider my offer an open invitation for next year or whenever. 1-way airfare from BWI to SMF is only $300... and i'm down for that anytime you want to come out prior to a Dragon. Cali's a pretty cool place and i'd love to show you around if you've got the time.

In fact for those missing this Dragon maybe @Nix can put together one of his epic spring flings. I know he can't wait until next September.

@death_roll ... what's your impression of the MR2 compared to other cars you've driven?
Devils Triangle

https://goo.gl/maps/AAvtZaNkTjL2

1.) 28 to Franklin
2.) Down the 23/441 to Sylva - lunch @ Notorious Pig (2375 US Hwy 441 S, Sylva, NC)
3.) 281
4.) 215 north
5.) Back to Robbinsville
^ is an EPIC trip. Everyone knows about the Moonshiner 28, my all time fave. Then the 441 east is a glorious stretch of 4 lane highway that drops several thousand feet. But the real deal is the 281 and the 215, which I prefer driving northbound for the added traction. You guys are going to love that route.

BTW, there is an actual "Devil's Triangle" way up north. Wicked switchbacks. http://devilstriangletn.com
Generally has to be done before or after the entire trip to the Dragon.

Been holding off on replying, as I wasn't sure if the maintenance on the 'X' would be done in time. Turns out, it isn't. So I'll have to live with being there in spirit fellas.

He has it but it's been stripped back down to stock form and about to be up for sale.

Looks like it will probably only be me this year. Don't think the Si will be fixed in time for my son to drive too.

Looks like it will probably only be me this year. Don't think the Si will be fixed in time for my son to drive too.
That sucks man....I'll get you squared away money wise. Remind me if I haven't done it by the time the meet comes around.

It's no big deal either way. Maybe leave it and if someone shows that forgot to pay it can cover that. We can work it out after the meet, if you want.

Back