Official Meaty fitment / Functional thread

I know this isn't a civic but is this considered meaty? And would that kinda fitment work on a civic? The wheels are ssr gtv02's... if I can get that kinda look I'm going to need these in my life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't look like it to me. What sizing/spec for the wheels? Depending on what alignment you're going to be running, you can probably run the 17x9 +38et for that wheel with a 235. It's a baby stretch, but if you are open to running staggered, that opens up the door in terms of tire sizing.

59e8fd0ee9cdb82240697db51dfe6bfc.jpg

I wish I knew I just ripped it offline [emoji85]

Def not meaty... in everyone's opinion what wheel would look best w/ a meaty fitment... *include pics*

Hi all,

I have a 2013 Honda Civic. No mods. My wife uses it. The stock tires - 195/65-15 are woeful for highway runs. I am looking to increase grip. I was thinking about going for 16 inch or 17 inch alloys with a wider tire. I will not, I repeat I WILL NEVER EVER make any suspension mods now or in the future. Reliability is my main concern. I do not want to do any fender rolls and do not want to tolerate any rubbing in the front or rear s it will also be used for school runs.
I was thinking of a 17*7.5 rim and 225/45R17 or 205/50R17 tires as they are close to the existing stock size. Most websites recommend the 215/45R17. I am looking at the Continental ExtremeContact DWS06. I live in Spokane, WA and get a good bit of rains. I may go with dedicated winter tires on the stock size on the stock steel rims. What size do you guys suggest? I just need a wheel and tire combo that I can just swap into the existing car (after winter), align it, balance it and start driving. If 17 inch has constraints, I would not mind going with a 16.
P.S: This is a duplicate post. I have already posted it on the tire and wheel fitment thread.

Hi all,

I have a 2013 Honda Civic. No mods. My wife uses it. The stock tires - 195/65-15 are woeful for highway runs. I am looking to increase grip. I was thinking about going for 16 inch or 17 inch alloys with a wider tire. I will not, I repeat I WILL NEVER EVER make any suspension mods now or in the future. Reliability is my main concern. I do not want to do any fender rolls and do not want to tolerate any rubbing in the front or rear s it will also be used for school runs.
I was thinking of a 17*7.5 rim and 225/45R17 or 205/50R17 tires as they are close to the existing stock size. Most websites recommend the 215/45R17. I am looking at the Continental ExtremeContact DWS06. I live in Spokane, WA and get a good bit of rains. I may go with dedicated winter tires on the stock size on the stock steel rims. What size do you guys suggest? I just need a wheel and tire combo that I can just swap into the existing car (after winter), align it, balance it and start driving. If 17 inch has constraints, I would not mind going with a 16.
P.S: This is a duplicate post. I have already posted it on the tire and wheel fitment thread.
The 215/45-17 was the si wheel prior to them using 18's. You could easily run that, as it's the same setup the si ran.

The 215/45-17 was the si wheel prior to them using 18's. You could easily run that, as it's the same setup the si ran.
Thanks Webby. All the confusion rose from the fact that the 225's seem closest to the factory spec and wont screw the speedo much. I guess ease of use trumps everything else.

Thanks Webby. All the confusion rose from the fact that the 225's seem closest to the factory spec and wont screw the speedo much. I guess ease of use trumps everything else.
You are correct that 225 is almost identical overall diameter to stock. You would be fine to run that size, especially on a 7.5" wheel. The extra sidewall will be a bit more comfortable too.

You're correct there. 225/45-17 would also easily fit and be perfect for your speedo staying perfect.

The 215's would be slightly smaller, so when your speedo says you're doing 60, you're actually doing 59mph. Still very little error. Either would work fine.

Thanks Webby and Dpetro1. So I can assume that both the tires will have no rubbing or any other issues on a stock spec car and order them, right?

Thanks Webby and Dpetro1. So I can assume that both the tires will have no rubbing or any other issues on a stock spec car and order them, right?
that's correct. No rubbing on stock suspension with either tire

Back