Votes: 9 5.1%
  • Landline

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • No Phone

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Windows Phone

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
I have to disclose I'm a contractor at Google. With that said there are a lot of iPhones on campus since contractors aren't supplied phones by Google since that isn't our direct employer.
I am digging this phone. The processor speed is incredible compared to the S5. I got the 128GB model, so I will not have to worry about if an app is able to move off the internal storage to an SD any longer. The Pixel is a sealed phone, so no SD card or battery swaps possible.

The OS is pretty sweet. All current OS Android phones have the assistant, but this one you can say, "OK Google" and it will activate even when the phone is locked. It is convenient to input directions to Google Maps without having to type it and also music.

I also like how the fingerprint sensor is on the back, as it unlocks the phone as soon as you grab it.

I have a newborn son, so the camera/video quality is a big deal to me. So far my wife and I have been loving the quality of the pictures/video. The only downside is the size of the media. I guess that will be with any newer phone though.

So.... I might have purchased a Moto G (4th Generation) yesterday :hiding:

I've had my LG G3 (used - since August 2016) and it's been fine except for a few times I've received "SIM card not found". Just wanted to try out the Moto G since it was on-sale yesterday.

I've had my LG G3 (used - since August 2016) and it's been fine except for a few times I've received "SIM card not found". Just wanted to try out the Moto G since it was on-sale yesterday.
why are you always ashamed when you make a purchase?

why are you always ashamed when you make a purchase?

I hate spending money.
I hope it ends up being a decent phone (I've read quite a bit of reviews/videos)
I was waiting for the "you should have spend a bit more and got a better/decent phone" lol

If you researched it, and it fits your needs, why does it matter what it costs?

I just ordered an Iphone 7+ but its on backorder until Dec 9 -__- but I guess I can wait..

Still using my Note 5 that I bought in August 2015. Great phone, but WiFi gets funky sometimes.

That's an entry level phone. It's a good phone for the price.

I really like my Moto Z with the battery pack. I barely charge the phone due to it's 72 hr maximum battery life. Charging is also very quick. Fast charge (USB-C) is a definite must have!!!

That's an entry level phone. It's a good phone for the price.

I really like my Moto Z with the battery pack. I barely charge the phone due to it's 72 hr maximum battery life. Charging is also very quick. Fast charge (USB-C) is a definite must have!!!

It was $120 for Amazon special price.

I'm not paying $500, $600 or more for a phone...

It will be probably $700+ :/

I had a Note 2 for THE longest time. I loved it. It still worked. I got a new job and @squiggy thought I needed a new one. So now I am the owner of an LG V20.

My boss got the V20 and likes it but said the latest security patch caused battery life to degrade.

I just got my Moto G4 this evening. I'm typing this on it right now.

asus zenfone 3, battery quite literally lasts a few days with light use though out the whole day(s), but its a fingerprint magnet :(

I looked at that phone but it doesn't (or didn't work) on Verizon...

that's odd, supports every north American 3g and LTE band out there as far as I know.... I don't think its locked to any carrier, I don't think any carrier has asus phones as bonus phone for signing a contract(Canada anyways).... after having a moto E that had pretty good battery life, the zenfone is even better, I am really quite impressed, it lasts forever.... that USB type-C I whacky to change over to, but I think everything is going that direction, no more quick charge microUSB when regular type-C is easily as fast maybe even faster... I was like what the, no quick charge.... but type-C is like microUSB on steroids....

that's odd, supports every north American 3g and LTE band out there as far as I know.... I don't think its locked to any carrier, I don't think any carrier has asus phones as bonus phone for signing a contract(Canada anyways).... after having a moto E that had pretty good battery life, the zenfone is even better, I am really quite impressed, it lasts forever.... that USB type-C I whacky to change over to, but I think everything is going that direction, no more quick charge microUSB when regular type-C is easily as fast maybe even faster... I was like what the, no quick charge.... but type-C is like microUSB on steroids....

AT&T / T-Mobile are the carriers it works with.

• Unlocked cell phones are compatible with GSM carriers such as AT&T and T-Mobile, but are not compatible with CDMA carriers such as Verizon and Sprint.
Le Sigh.

AT&T / T-Mobile are the carriers it works with.

• Unlocked cell phones are compatible with GSM carriers such as AT&T and T-Mobile, but are not compatible with CDMA carriers such as Verizon and Sprint.
Le Sigh.

ahhhh yes, there lies the problem, up in northern BC I don't think anyone supports CDMA anymore, that's like oldschool.. altho its more than enough in my books, data transmissions have gotten very fast... its a text or call... but some people(not me) require fast downloads from their phone.... :)

Yeah Verizon won't switch off CDMA... Verizon has the best coverage in the areas I'm usually in.. I've had them for years.

I didn't know you were a Canadian.... lol

For those with Verizon... Which plan do you have? I know they have the S, M, L, XL or XXL "packages". Just curious to see what you have.

I'm still on that Unlimited (grandfathered) Data plan but don't feel it's worth it anymore (for the cost since they raised it).

Back