K20/k24

USAIRFORCE041288

Ok so I know the builds been done countless number of times but I maybe doing something that may get me flamed for being a noob idk. So I have a 2015 civic coupe ex :( the si just wasn't in the price range at the time. But I have a buddy that has a k24a4 with everything on it. I was wondering how it would work in the non si engine bay. I know the mounts will be different and such and so will a bunch of stuff. It's gonna take some time cause if I get it im gonna build it before even getting ready to swap it in..any input would be nice

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

There was a user here for like 2 days who did a k24/k20 swap and never really answered a whole lot. A company in florida (pretty sure florida) did all of the fab work for him, and that's about all I can recall. The engine bay from the non-si to the si is the same, so a k24 will fit in the non-si engine bay. You'll just need the mounts to make it work. Also...what are you going to do about the transmission side of things? I know I've seen people say they've picked up the k24a4 for like 200-300 dollars, so I would not pay a lot for the engine itself.

From another thread -
"The VTEC system is different on the K24a4. There is no low, mid, or high lobes. During non VTEC operation, only intake valve opens, then when VTEC kicks in, both intake valves open. There is no VTEC on the exhaust side. A head swap may be beneficial."

Like Webby said engine will fit since the chassis between the Si and EX are identical, its just a matter of having the correct mounts. Also you will need to consider what transmission you would like to run.

Other things you would need are axles, 6 spd shifter assembly, shift cables and bushings, the correct or a programmable ECU to run the engine.

Also I would highly urge you to check with your local state regulations as most places I know of will not register your vehicle if you swap an engine that is older than the chassis date of manufacture into the car. I.E. you cant put an engine from 2008 (rebuilt or not) into your 2015 civic.

There is a shop here in Fl called LHT performance, they do all kind of fab work, they were the first ones to do a k20 CRZ.

LHT performance

This shop does some incredible work especially with boosted cars. They make an air to water intercooler setup for the old style Jackson Racing superchargers for the B and D series engines that actually allows them to make decent power. I've been eyeing them up for months for my supercharged project.

Back