Official Meaty fitment / Functional thread

anybody tried running 245/35? I currently have 18x8.5 +30 wheels and I am looking at three tire options. 215/40, 225/40, 245/35. 215 and 245 have smaller sidewalls which help me better with not rubbing but one protects my wheel better than the other. 225 protects the lip a little but it has a bigger sidewall

Last edited:
I recently just got some parts and planning to put them all in the summer. Need some advice! I got 17x8 +45 rpf1 and yokohama s drives 235/40/17. Also got buddy club racing spec coils. It's my daily and I just want a functional set up that I can do some mild aggressive street driving (maybe autocross and track in the future :)). What do you guys recommend as far and drop and camber to achieve this goal? Thanks!

I recently just got some parts and planning to put them all in the summer. Need some advice! I got 17x8 +45 rpf1 and yokohama s drives 235/40/17. Also got buddy club racing spec coils. It's my daily and I just want a functional set up that I can do some mild aggressive street driving (maybe autocross and track in the future :)). What do you guys recommend as far and drop and camber to achieve this goal? Thanks!

I believe you need spacers up front to clear a +45 on the Si's. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

I believe you need spacers up front to clear a +45 on the Si's. Someone correct me if I'm wrong
Probably not. He's just running a 17x8. If it was a 9j, then I wouldn't run a 45et. It's also depends on his alignment setting.

@FreeSamples if I were you, I would just bypass the 17x8 and go 17x9 +35. You'll have to roll a bit in the front, but if you're serious about tracking the car, you'll have to buy wheels and tires all over again.

Probably not. He's just running a 17x8. If it was a 9j, then I wouldn't run a 45et. It's also depends on his alignment setting.

@FreeSamples if I were you, I would just bypass the 17x8 and go 17x9 +35. You'll have to roll a bit in the front, but if you're serious about tracking the car, you'll have to buy wheels and tires all over again.
I would do it for fun but not that serious about it. I would've gotten wider wheels but I wanted bronze rpf1's and they only make em in that size or smaller on tire rack. I saw 18's on this other website but it got expensive real quick but I didn't want those anyway.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Thanks for the input Gabe, didn't know that lol

You're correct there. 225/45-17 would also easily fit and be perfect for your speedo staying perfect.
The 215's would be slightly smaller, so when your speedo says you're doing 60, you're actually doing 59mph. Still very little error. Either would work fine.

You are correct that 225 is almost identical overall diameter to stock. You would be fine to run that size, especially on a 7.5" wheel. The extra sidewall will be a bit more comfortable too.

Many thanks for the suggestions Webby and dPetro. Purchased 17 inch alloys, tires and got them installed yesterday. Looks and feels good. No more floaty feel. Few pics.IMG_1967_R.jpg IMG_1966_R.jpg IMG_1996_R.jpg IMG_1997_R.jpg

Back