DIY Clutch Delay valve Removal

Has anyone attempted this without taking the assembly out of the car? Is there any reason you need to other than a possible space issue? Just don't have anyone to help bleed the clutch, so if I can do it without removing it would be a big help to me...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Has anyone attempted this without taking the assembly out of the car? Is there any reason you need to other than a possible space issue? Just don't have anyone to help bleed the clutch, so if I can do it without removing it would be a big help to me...

No way in hell you are getting the C clip out without taking the assembly out of the car. Order a speed bleeder so you can bleed the clutch yourself.

Damn...guess this project will have to wait until I get back. Got a question about this picture though. This is my cdv, right? How do I disconnect the two pieces to even get the cdv off? Don't wanna break anything.

4062261bb03744bab6f94bff321ee962.jpg

Sorry, this was the picture I was referencing above.

Cdv is on the very right of that pic. Those 2 bolts hold the sc on I'm thinking. once u get in there with more room it'll make sense to u.

Thanks @dpetro1 and @ron v. Just wanted to make sure I'm not trying **** up. May get after this after all, doesn't seem too complicated. Now I gotta find a speed bleeder....prolly got them at pep boys or something.

So, I was being stubborn and took the valve body apart only to discover there's no c clip, white thing or black thing like the pics at the beginning of the build thread show. I was able to pull out the "cylinder" and behind it was a spring, that's it. Are maybe the ex's different than the si's?

So, I was being stubborn and took the valve body apart only to discover there's no c clip, white thing or black thing like the pics at the beginning of the build thread show. I was able to pull out the "cylinder" and behind it was a spring, that's it. Are maybe the ex's different than the si's?

Bro I remember reading in a thread that the CDV for non-si's are located in the master cylinder, not the slave. It's not the same. I'll try to find the post, but its not in the same location

found it
Posted by another member on page 13

If the '12 EX is similar to the '12 Fit, they included the CDV inside the Clutch Master Cylinder (not in a separate slave cylinder like the Si). If this is the case, the only way to do the CDV delete is to replace the entire CMC with one that does not have a CDV inside, like from an older model Civic. I personally have not seen anyone try to do the CDV delete in anything but an Si, but here is a Fit forum thread where they had to replace the entire CMC. Doesn't look too difficult, just a matter of finding the right replacement parts.
http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-diy-repair-maintenance/76598-clutch-delay-valve-delete-diy.html

found it
Posted by another member on page 13

If the '12 EX is similar to the '12 Fit, they included the CDV inside the Clutch Master Cylinder (not in a separate slave cylinder like the Si). If this is the case, the only way to do the CDV delete is to replace the entire CMC with one that does not have a CDV inside, like from an older model Civic. I personally have not seen anyone try to do the CDV delete in anything but an Si, but here is a Fit forum thread where they had to replace the entire CMC. Doesn't look too difficult, just a matter of finding the right replacement parts.
http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-diy-repair-maintenance/76598-clutch-delay-valve-delete-diy.html
Thanks for the info brotha. Guess I can skip those plans for a while, lol

The experience from doing yours must have sped up the process @ ron v

Myyy turrrrnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm leaving town next weekend but I can probably do it Friday afternoon like 330-4. Besides that I won't be able to do it for a while. U come up here too. I'm not battling that traffic. Lol.

And a disclaimer. I'm not a master certified pro mechanic nor do I claim to be. I just like to work on cars. So with that in mind, let me know.

I'm leaving town next weekend but I can probably do it Friday afternoon like 330-4. Besides that I won't be able to do it for a while. U come up here too. I'm not battling that traffic. Lol.

And a disclaimer. I'm not a master certified pro mechanic nor do I claim to be. I just like to work on cars. So with that in mind, let me know.

When'll you be available next? I probably can do Friday. Where are you located

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Front……SB1010

Rear…….SB8125L

Clutch….SB8125L

When ordering Speed Bleeder, consider also ordering the Bag and Hose Combo. The bag is like an IV bag. It comes with 30 inches of silicone hose. When one end of the hose is attached to the bag and the other end is attached to the Speed Bleeder, it makes the messy job of bleeding brakes neat and clean. The hose and bag are reusable.

Speed Bleeder is also available in 303 Stainless Steel. The stainless steel bleeder will never rust or corrode and is polished to a brilliant gloss for the custom look. To order the stainless steel version go towww.speedbleeder.com click on “Secure Ordering” at the top of the order page you will see a selection “Stainless Steel”. Click on this heading and all the sizes available in stainless steel will drop down.
I just placed my order with Speed Bleeder for the F/R brakes and the master cylinder.
Thanks @jsyn77 for the part numbers.

To those looking to do the speed bleeders, after comparing part numbers I found that our brake calipers (9th gen Si, likely the other trim levels too) do not use the same bleeders on all 4 calipers like the 8th gen Si (and other trims?) does.

Our front bleeder screws are Honda part #45215-671-672 (M10 x 1.0 x 34.44) - the same as the '08 element (and many others... 4 cyl Accord, etc.). Our rear bleeder screws are #43352-SM4-951 (M10 x 1.25 x 34.44); these are the ones the 8th gen uses on all 4 calipers. Our civic uses the same clutch slave cylinder bleeder as the 8th gen, part #43352-567-000 (M8 x 1.25 x 32.54).

Speed bleeders:
https://www-speedbleeder-zoovy-com....qqgkW/s=www.speedbleeder.zoovy.com/category//

F: SB1010
R: SB10125
C: SB8125L

Front……SB1010

Rear…….SB8125L

Clutch….SB8125L

When ordering Speed Bleeder, consider also ordering the Bag and Hose Combo. The bag is like an IV bag. It comes with 30 inches of silicone hose. When one end of the hose is attached to the bag and the other end is attached to the Speed Bleeder, it makes the messy job of bleeding brakes neat and clean. The hose and bag are reusable.

Speed Bleeder is also available in 303 Stainless Steel. The stainless steel bleeder will never rust or corrode and is polished to a brilliant gloss for the custom look. To order the stainless steel version go towww.speedbleeder.com click on “Secure Ordering” at the top of the order page you will see a selection “Stainless Steel”. Click on this heading and all the sizes available in stainless steel will drop down.

Can someone please confirm the sizes of the Speed Bleeders for our cars.
I ordered a bunch of Speed Bleeders based on the info @jsyn77 posted and it's wrong :mad:

I'm thinking that @trustdestruction has the proper information because it looks like he did some research.

The part numbers in @jsyn77 post are definitely wrong.

I need to know the sizes for both the front and rear brake callipers and the clutch slave cylinder.
I don't want to get into these projects only to find out that I have the wrong bleeders and make a whole bunch more work for myself unnecessarily.

@webby can you help?

Back