Honda Releases Type R Exclusive Look Video

Can anyone please explain the expected cost to me. I'm legitimately baffled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Can anyone please explain the expected cost to me. I'm legitimately baffled.

Whats it going to cost your to buy the Type R? Upwards of $35,000 plus it depends on the dealer mark up....

Yeah, I've got a buddy at a Honda Dealership. I'm trying to wrap my head around that price point. It just doesn't make sense.

I guess you can put a price on being exclusive. How many do you think will be sold in the average large city? That and the sheer amount of r&d that went into this car.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Car Throttle > Honda 'Pro' Jason

like you think it should be less $, or what specifically don't you get?

Yeah. It's the price point that's really bugging me. Why would anyone choose this over an AWD Competitor for the same price?
I'm not knocking the car, not one bit, I just feel it should be sub $30k.

I think the biggest issue will be msrp + pricing. Like dealers adding 2-5 grand over msrp because of the "rarity". A number of dealers have claimed they may only get 1 in the first year.

Yeah. It's the price point that's really bugging me. Why would anyone choose this over an AWD Competitor for the same price?
I'm not knocking the car, not one bit, I just feel it should be sub $30k.

They would choose it because Honda. Some people just have loyalties to a certain car or brand.

I like it in white. It is still a useless street car.

With 20" wheels and thin rubber sidewalls, yes.

Ah yeah the sidewall is really small. From my calculations it'd just be 3" tall.

It looks like the US Spec Type-R is rated at 306bhp and the Euro Spec at 316bhp since they are both tuned/mapped at different octane ratings. 95 Octane vs 98 Octane.

Mechanically, they are both exactly the same.

Because I can get 95 octane at any gas station locally

I get 95 octane for my Civic on most fillups. :D

Back