2014 Civic Si vs. 2017 Civic EXT Turbo (Manual) !

We had been wanting to find out if our new 2017 Civic EXT was faster than our 2014 Civic Si, and so we went to Auto Club Famoso Raceway to find out.

Keep in mind, this is an acceleration test up to about 90 MPH. Due to traction differences between the cars, we did not launch them as you would if you were going for the fastest quarter mile times. Instead we basically did a roll race starting from about 5 MPH. This way, we could clearly see which car accelerated faster.

Also, this is not a stock vs stock comparison. In terms of power modifications, our 2017 EXT had an Invidia cat-back exhaust and Hondata FlashPro +6 PSI Stage 2 basemap tune. Our 2014 Si had an Injen true cold air intake, SiriMoto big bore throttle body kit, Buddy Club cat-back exhaust, and a custom Hondata FlashPro tune we did.

Notice that at low speeds the 2014 Si pulls ahead due to not having turbo lag.

However, the 2017 EXT quickly recovers, and remains almost even.

At higher speeds, the 2017 EXT begins to catch up a bit, and might have won if the race was longer.

One factor that affected the race is that between shifts, the 2017 EXT would slightly hesitate to quickly build boost, resulting in momentary power loss.

Enjoy!

You guys planning to get the next si or r when it's released?

** JUST STOP WATCHING AFTER 3:30 - they ramble on and some language warning **

What is that idiot saying at the end? Is he even speaking English?

I warned you... I watched it til the end and was like WTF then said I was going to make a warning to everyone else here lol

That's clearly a 2013 Si and is missing the all important 5hp from the revised exhaust. Seriously though that video is just a good example of how shifting peak torque to earlier in the rev range can make a car faster.

Back