2017 Civic Si Revealed

how is it that the base model got a jump of 40hp and the Si had basically nothing. that i don't get..

I'm just saying that I think the 9th gen Si engine and suspension has more potential than the 10th gen Si
Am I correct in hearing that the 10th gen Si has some type of adaptive suspension which would be more of a PITA to modify.

10th gen will have adaptive suspension. All it is really though is electronically adjusted shocks. I'm sure many people will ditch that for coilovers that have more/better adjustability. Especially if they want to change ride height.

Really? A 1.5 l? Why even bother getting a si?

There selling points seem to be the adaptive suspension, climate control, and heated seats. Though the torque curve being flat from 2100 rpm is mildly impressive and will give it some low end grunt.

A 5700 rpm redline ruins it for me.

Really? A 1.5 l? Why even bother getting a si?

If you don't have a 9th, or 8th, Si then the 10th Si is the best there is for a fun practical car. I'd be interested in adding it to our fleet if it came with Sensing but as it stands there is no compelling reason to upgrade.

Hondata will surely push that higher.
Barely. The reason why the torque is that high is because of the turbo and the low compression ratio. A tiny motor will not make that much torque from factory just with the help of a turbo. The highest it might reach without over working the motor will probably be 6300ish rpm.

The Si should have came with the non turbo variant of the R's K20c1 ( PR4 )

Very disappointed .... it's like 2001 all over again with Honda powertrain decisions a.k.a redheaded step child chassis ( no offence if you have red hair or stepchild or C all the above )

Not worth it... they had 4 years to look at their competition from Ford and Volkswagen and they learned nothing. The Si doesn't compete with the GTI and the ST anymore. It competes with the Elantra Sport (201hp) and the Sentra SR Turbo (198hp).

Reactions: Tak
seems like people could easily up the boost on the non-si to match the si

Reactions: Nix
Not worth it... they had 4 years to look at their competition from Ford and Volkswagen and they learned nothing. The Si doesn't compete with the GTI and the ST anymore. It competes with the Elantra Sport (201hp) and the Sentra SR Turbo (198hp).
Honda has decided to leave this competition to Civic Type R. That's the picture I've noticed.

Honda has decided to leave this competition to Civic Type R. That's the picture I've noticed.
Type R is one step above the Focus ST and VW GTI. The Focus RS and Golf R compete with that.

As for the Si, it's now officially a slower VW GTI. Especially with 5700rpm redline.

Last edited:
So much for the media embargo.
Both Car and Driver and Motor Trend posted full reviews today.

Back