Showing Android navigation on Civic display screen

bdale

Hi. I have just purchased a 2014 Civic EX-L. I was told I could connect my Samsung S5 to the USB port and display the phone navigation screen with audio on the car's display screen. Now I'm being told that I can't do that with an Android phone. Any information or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Not sure who told you about you using android on the radio screen to show navigation stuff, but it's not able to do that. There is an iPhone app that users can hook a hdmi cable up, but that's about it.

https://hondalink.honda.com/nextgen

So I also downloaded the Sygic Car Navigation app. I plugged my Galaxy S5 in to my '14 Si, opened the app, clicked the arrow as it shows in the video and the navigation screen opened up onto the screen in the car. I have not quite tested the navigation on it yet but I was able to type in destinations and the route would show on the screen.

So 2015 ex + Samsung note 5 = nogo. Tried doing exactly what the video shows, but I guess the note 5 hasn't been updated for mirrorlink to work correctly. It tries, but guess it's just one of those things.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

So I also downloaded the Sygic Car Navigation app. I plugged my Galaxy S5 in to my '14 Si, opened the app, clicked the arrow as it shows in the video and the navigation screen opened up onto the screen in the car. I have not quite tested the navigation on it yet but I was able to type in destinations and the route would show on the screen.

I realize I'm late reading this. I gave up on the notion of having the nav on my S5 show on the screen. I will give this a try. Thanks so much!!

You guys using an HDMI cable to plug the phone to the car?

I realize I'm late reading this. I gave up on the notion of having the nav on my S5 show on the screen. I will give this a try. Thanks so much!!
The app worked just fine. However they wanted $40 to continue using the navigation to car option. For some that use navigation alot it would be far cheaper than buying a stand alone but I just don't use it often enough.

Use a chromecast plugged into the hdmi port. Put your phone in hotspot mode and have your chromecast connect to that. Make sure you enable the hdmi to be active when driving in the settings. Open maps and screen share to the chromecast.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Back