2017 Civic Si Revealed

I don't know... I know they aren't forged internals but I don't believe that article... I'm skeptical.

The K-Series (or the K20Z3), as far as I know, has some forged internal components.
I suppose, this is how the 8th gen owners viewed the 9th gen si owners. "The civic isn't an enthusiast car anymore, They sacrificed it's raw and high revving nature for more torque, fuel economy and reliability"

The more things change, the more things stay the same...

I suppose, this is how the 8th gen owners viewed the 9th gen si owners. "The civic isn't an enthusiast car anymore, They sacrificed it's raw and high revving nature for more torque, fuel economy and reliability"

The more things change, the more things stay the same...

^ That's deep!

Finally started finding some of the "real" Si vs non-SI differences. It might be worth the extra money for the Si after all.....

So, what does the Si share with the Type R? It’s in the suspension. The normal Civics come with fluid-filled bushings in the control arms but in the Si and the Type R, those are replaced with solid rubber components. This also leads to better steering feel and control as the bushings flex less.

Also

10.3:1 compression on the SI and: There are twin piston oil squirters as well that shoot oil into the underside of the piston crown to reduce temperatures and increase longevity that you don’t see on the normal EX-T/EX-L/Touring 1.5-liter turbo engines. However, those trim level Civic engines also see 10.6:1 compression but lower boost.

The devil is in the details as usual. And these ones aren't easy to find.

I took a PMM 2017 Si Coupe out for a spin on Saturday, I'll get the video up today with thoughts... the 1.5 Turbo drives so different from the 9th gen.

Two of my friends, one currently owns an FB6, the other previously owned a Stage 2 PRL FG4, took one out on Saturday. They said it was utterly disappointing and that they'd rather drive a 9th over it. One of them is a Honda Salesman, so hoping to hop in a Type R once they start rolling in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

"Hondata now has a tune for them, too. Using the calibration for an added 6 psi of boost, a Civic Si will produce an additional 27 horsepower and 40 pound-feet of torque. According to the dyno sheet on the Hondata website, this kicks power up from 205 horsepower to 232, and torque from 212 pound-feet to 252."

54e634ecd3f88b5ce581e5110ec2b499.jpg

Before/After Tune

So with a Tune, the Si should be able to keep up with a Stock MK7 GTI. Eh? Eh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wow thats crazy! I cant wait to see what vit can do with the type R.

If Honda says they dialed things back for reliability/longevity on the si motor, they must feel like there is a weak point when the boost is raised. Could be interesting to see what the failure spot is.

If Honda says they dialed things back for reliability/longevity on the si motor, they must feel like there is a weak point when the boost is raised. Could be interesting to see what the failure spot is.
im sure someone is going to find out.

Back