DIY PRL CAI for Stock Manifold w/ Battery Relocation

Yes there is a line wrench. Makes getting the clutch line off and back on again much easier. Not very expensive either.

In step 10, when you say "connect the red part," did you remove the bottom hose completely and just connect the top one to where it came off of? I have the SRI and I just trying to make sure I put all the hoses where they need to go.

Ok so I just installed the Prl cai (what a pain in the rear) I had a lot of trouble taking of the oem clutch line over by the right side, anywho I ended up having to leave/use the oem clutch line (will replace with Prl later when I have someone to help me) my question is I'm I ok running with the stock clutch line? I moved everything out the way and it's not hitting anything... Also the battery connection extender pulls up a lil bit but it's screwed in all the way.. What can I do? @T-Wolf @Sarcras @webby @Dar-Dar

Last edited:
@r18-power As far as the clutch line, a line removal tool helps ALOT. I tried with regular wrench's and had absolutely no luck. Got the line wrench and had it off in about 2 minutes. Can't say how well the stock line will hold up with the added stress of the intake pipe in the way though. With the battery cable extension I had some wiggle with it completely tightened so I used a washer to help tighten it further and it hasn't moved since. Also pick up a speed bleeder for the slave cylinder and it makes bleeding the clutch very easy.

@Sarcras thanks for the info, I'm going to get a line wrench and give it another try because I'm not liking how the stock line is sitting, I'll update you on how it went.

Yes there is a line wrench. Makes getting the clutch line off and back on again much easier. Not very expensive either.
Bought a set of metric line wrenches... the 10mm is stripping the nut.
Tried vice grips. It's stripping the nut. This thing won't move.

Any other ideas?

Give it a shot of some penetrating fluid and try again. If it is completely rounded off, the only other thing I can think of is to cut the line and use a bolt extractor socket to get it off. But that would be a last resort. There might be someone here that has a better idea, @webby . Also are the wrenches you got 6 or 12 point?

@Sarcras
Penetrating fluid didn't work unfortunately. And my line wrench is a 6-point. It countours perfectly but there's just little enough play to go around the corners when force is
applied.

@webby
I haven't tried heat has I don't have a torch yet but it's what might work the best. With the battery and intake removed there would be enough room for a small torch.

Hopefully i don't round it off enough to need to cut the line. I'd hate to have to get it to a shop for an intake install...

thanks guys

Back