Lets get an official list going:

1) Your Username
a) Car You Plan To Bring
b) # Of Guests
c) Your Location (city/state)
d) When you plan on arriving

===============

1) Nix (awaiting vacay approval)
a) Rental just to arrive. Lemme ride with you bro! I swear I'll have my own car next year!
b) Guest? You mean bourbon. Yeah, bringing at least one.
c) Lou, KY
d) TBD

2) Nomar06
a) 2016 Fiesta St
b) Me, myself and I
c) Charlotte, NC
d) Thusrday afternoon

3) 07TLX
a) Pontiac G8 GT
b) Just myself
c) East Norriton, PA
d) Wednesday afternoon coming down the skyway from the Tennessee side

4) k757
a) 2015 Mustang GT
b) me
c) Danbury, CT
d) Sunday 9/24

5) ETF
a) Mamarazzi
b) Unknown
c) Flowery Branch, GA
d) Wednesday

6) Mattsbobo

7) TonyAn

a) 07 FG2
b) classified
c) Stallings, NC
d) Fri night or Sat morning

8) Steve-O

a) '13 Si
b) Just Me
c) Gastonia, NC
d) Thursday evening

9) death_roll
a) MR2 spyder (in full autocross dress)
b) 0
c) CLT, NC
d) Early Thursday AM

10)SpartanML
a) 2017 Killtruck
b) Me, myself, and kudzu
c) NWNJ
d) Beyond the Time

====

[USERGROUP=2][USERGROUP=2]@Registered[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP]

Last edited:
Awaiting vacay approval:

1) Nix
2) Rental just to arrive. Lemme ride with you bro! I swear I'll have my own car next year!
3) Guest? You mean bourbon. Yeah, bringing at least one.
4) Lou, KY

Won't be attending. I'm sorry. Thought I would be able to this year. Sadly I went through some medical issues and my FMLA ran out, causing me to lose my job and move back to NC, losing my apartment in VA. Hopefully next year though!

Won't be attending. I'm sorry. Thought I would be able to this year. Sadly I went through some medical issues and my FMLA ran out, causing me to lose my job and move back to NC, losing my apartment in VA. Hopefully next year though!

Damn! That sucks man. Sorry to hear. Hopefully you get back on your feet.

Interfering with rocket league?

Always got the jokes.. Nope not interfering with Rocket League. Just skipping this year.

Still up in the air for me, have to see how much vacation time I have left after I go to Florida in mid-Sept, the dragon may only be a day or two for me.

I was hoping to attend this year but my wife was diagnosed with AML in Feb so it's put the car and travel plans on hold for a bit. Maybe we'll get to catch the next trip

I was hoping to attend this year but my wife was diagnosed with AML in Feb so it's put the car and travel plans on hold for a bit. Maybe we'll get to catch the next trip
really sorry man. I hope her treatment goes well.

... already paid homage to the Dragon in 2017 (thanks to Death, Santi, and Robert) but will leave you with this vid from last year... or was it the year before? All I knew it was taken the same year (and same day) my 9th buds were helping Booty recover from his Diamondback snake bite.

Instead of covering familiar ground I went exploring, first via the BRP for ~100 miles, over to The Snake (Hwy 441) then Damascus, TN and into VA's Python (also called the Twist) which is the 58 east of Damascus.

Conclusions: BRP (Blue Ridge Parkway) -- the best tarmac anywhere, mostly for tourists and LEO until 7:00, then loads of fun. The Snake? Very difficult for a number of reasons, off camber, decreasing radius, all the good stuff. Expect several small bites. The 58 Python? Like so many other roads... high speed conditions but in a state that doesn't tolerate high speed. Questionable road surface.

The 2017 Twisty of the Year Award? By a wide margin it's gotta be the 'WTF was that' Tilly Creek/Ellijay Rd outside of Franklin that (sort of) connects Hwy 28 to Hwy 281. Just be careful... nothing is marked, even hairpins that are impossible to see in advance.
Back to the vid -- it's worth watching a couple minutes only if you're curious about Hwy 58. But skip at least the first 7:30... if not the first 10.
After waiting and waiting for the VW to pull over (from 8:00 - 12:00) there was a tight turn and I finally put a little extra pressure on. It's hard to see...but that thing that flew out of his window at the 12:30 mark? A big fat bird telling me to back off.

Small screen at 720HD recommended:
View: https://youtu.be/MrhmaYjOTB0

Back