Recent Hurricanes - Stay Safe those in Texas/Florida & surrounding areas

bootyluvr

Supporting Member
VIP Member
Toys For Tots
Baltimore, MD
Vehicle Model
2015 Honda Accord EX-L V6
I'm not sure how many active members we have on here from Texas/surrounding areas where the Hurricane (now Tropical Storm) Harvey has hit/hitting but stay safe!

Keep us updated.

harvey-goes-82517_0.jpg

news just said some areas have had 35+ inches of rain in 3 days. :(

Not being a dick but do you not follow the news or social media?
I do but i tune most of it out because of how over the top everything is being presented now. Not in anyway saying the situation isn't terrible because it is, but general practice in news today seems to be put out a story with little to no facts and backpedal to fill in the gaps later. Its kind of like click-bait to me at this point.

I usually don't listen to what they say but just looking at the pictures/weather forecast you know it's BAD!

Estimated 500,000 Vehicles Destroyed

Approximately 500,000 cars are expected to be scrapped due to damage caused by Hurricane Harvey.
CNBC, chief economist for Cox Automotive, Jonathan Smoke said approximately double the number of vehicles scrapped after Hurricane Sandy will be sent to the scrapyard following the disastrous effects of Hurricane Harvey.

“This is worse than Hurricane Sandy. Sandy was bad, but the flooding with Hurricane Harvey could impact far more vehicles,” Smoke said.

Compared to the New York metropolitan area, there are a higher number of vehicles per household in Houston and surrounding areas, meaning more were parked on streets and felt the full force of the category 4 storm.

It is thought that some of the flood damaged vehicles won’t be scrapped and instead be repaired and resold.

Yeah saw that a few days ago. What a shame.

Now Florida is preparing for Hurricane Irma.

Can you change the title of this thread to just something about Hurricane in general?

Back