$

$

$

$

$

$

$

Last edited:
The new Accord fastback can be had with a base 1.5-liter turbo four that puts out 192 horsepower and 192 pound-feet of torque. You can get that with a CVT or a six-speed manual. If you need violence and thrills in your Accord, get the 2.0-liter turbo instead. It comes from the Civic Type R and here puts out 252 HP and 273 pound-feet of torque.

Again, yes, that CTR engine can be had with a six-speed manual as well. How is this real.
http://jalopnik.com/the-2018-honda-accord-is-a-manual-fastback-1796919514

The new Accord does look pretty sweet. The white leather interior is amazing but I think it would be hard to keep clean. I bet it would be blast to drive with the turbo 2.0 but probably not as nimble as the civic.

They will put a manual in both configurations of the accord but won't let you have a manual in the sport touring civic....

The middle section of the front end is horrible! Rear tails aren't that great either. Other than that, its pretty nice.

The wheels shown looks like they took the blanks from the 14-15 si and just machines them slightly differently.

id consider the 2.0 6mt provided it comes with all or most of the options

This new accord looks really good, Im not a big fan of the rear but it will grow on me. I have been considering the Type R as well as the focus RS, but if I can get the I can get the best of both worlds (comfort and a type R engine) this might be my next car.

I really like the fact that they are offering a Manny with the type r engine none the less.

This new accord looks really good, Im not a big fan of the rear but it will grow on me. I have been considering the Type R as well as the focus RS, but if I can get the I can get the best of both worlds (comfort and a type R engine) this might be my next car.

See personally I don't think it looks good. It reminds me of the new Civic's (which I'm not a fan of looks wise)... The front end is definitely better than the rear but still doesn't do it for me. The Sport model does have more black than chrome which I like but those wheels are hideous. It doesn't have the exact same Type R engine.

RedLine Reviews posted this video a few days ago talking about the 2.0T vs the old V6 (watch it to see who wins in a race) but they also talked about the new Accord having a similar engine to the Type R but not the exact same (detuned/different specs/ect) but still it's nice to have a similar engine.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spIczRuboEc

I really like the fact that they are offering a Manny with the type r engine none the less.

Type R engine detuned/changed a bit. ;)

if its still based on a type-r motor i wonder how long till someone works out how to swap parts and tune it to be the type-r motor

Back