Squiggy and Spidergirl's Annual Halloween Movie Fest!

Day 9: (2004) Dawn of the Dead - forgot to post yesterday! :eek:

Most of the 3,000 zombie effects were based on real forensic photos and took a team of over 50 artists to create.

2004 Dawn of the Dead.jpg

Ooooh. Doesn't that one have Ving Rhames? I'm on it!!!!
Yes! Apparently he wanted to be in it so bad when he heard there was a remake that he hunted down the producers.

I love that Zack Snyder made the zombies fast in this one!

Day 10: (2004) Toolbox Murders

After only filming two thirds of the movie, director Tobe Hooper had to shut down after one of the backers financing the film dissolved. The film is the result of his editing what he had together.

2004 Toolbox Murders.jpg

Day 11: (2005) The Amityville Horror

Debut film of Chloë Moretz who, at only 8 years old, did most of her own stunts!

2005 The Amityville Horror.jpg

Update on opinions:

Willard is just so good. I love the plot. I also think Crispin Glover's portrayal was better...but that could just be because Bruce Davison will always be Senator Kelly from X-Men for me (may he forever stay a melted puddle of goo). ;) Crispin just plays a good down-on-his-luck kinda guy ("Hey you...get your damn hands off her!")

Dawn of the Dead - YES! LOVE that the zombies are fast. Also, kudos to Zack Snyder for choosing Richard Cheese's version of Down with the Sickness for one of the mall scenes. Re-watching this, I totally forgot Ty Burrell was in it. So weird to see him as anything except cheesy dad Phil from Modern Family now.

Toolbox Murders. No. Just don't. I have nothing else to say.

Amityville Horror is always good, no matter the version, I think. Who doesn't love a scary story that's supposedly based on true events? Something I thought was cool while reading trivia for this was that Ryan Reynolds didn't want to be too friendly with his child co-stars because of how mean he was going to have to be later during shooting. Poor kids just thought Ryan didn't like them!

Day 12: (2005) The Fog - forgot to post yesterday!

Selma Blair, doing almost all of her own stunts, spent 12 hours in a water tank for 2 days straight, breaking to the surface briefly.

2005 The Fog.jpg

Day 13: (2009) Friday the 13th - as if you expected anything else :domokundance:

Including this remake, Jason has killed a total of 167 people throughout the series.

2009 Friday the 13th.jpg

Day 14: (2006) Black Christmas :santadance:

The leg lamp from A Christmas Story can be spotted in the background. This is in reference to Bob Clark, the director of the original Black Christmas who also directed A Christmas Story.

2006 Black Christmas.jpg

Reactions: Nix
Day 15: (2006) When a Stranger Calls

Tommy Flanagan (the stranger) sang a Broadway version of his infamous "your blood all over me" line to Camilla Belle (Jill) in between scenes. :giggle:

2006 When a Stranger Calls.jpg

Back