Door Handle Cover Help!

mazda_lexus

I noticed there was a gap between the door handle and the lock cover, messed around and the lock cover came off. How do you fix this?
411e76a40f93ba3aec88622a92cd4930.jpg
221fbc8bb58ebc4a101fb6ca548bac88.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

It looks like they were last active on Sept 15th so they might. You could always send them an email too.

It looks like they were last active on Sept 15th so they might. You could always send them an email too.
I still can't fix it :( it was okay for a little but started falling off again, I can't get it to click in

Take a pic of the back side of the cover. I believe it slides in between the door and the metal piece surrounding the the key hole. Once it slides in, it might click into place.

Take a pic of the back side of the cover. I believe it slides in between the door and the metal piece surrounding the the key hole. Once it slides in, it might click into place.
Here
670a1c47cf074b84f8e4fd0883100c4d.jpg

Did u pop it off the first time or did it fall off? Did u hear a click?

Did u pop it off the first time or did it fall off? Did u hear a click?
I saw there was space between the door handle and the key hold so I pushed a little bit on the cover and low and behold it popped off. I might have yo go to honda..but don't wanna pay for that stuff..

From the pictures it does look like it just clicks in once the tabs catch. Maybe it just needs a little more pressure to click in to place.

Edit: After doing a little research, the door handle cover coming off was apparently a common problem on some older civics. I am assuming this is a similar problem and most cases it was fixed with some plastic putty or epoxy on or around the tabs.

Last edited:
I get back into town tomorrow and can see what the Accord cover looks like and compare it to your pic.

I barely messed with the Accord stuff but I think it might be different. I'll let you know...

Back