The Unboxing

Nice video! Looking forward to the dyno results. I also wonder how this would compare to the PRL CAI.

ac1.jpg ac2.jpg ac3.jpg ac4.jpg ac5.jpg

As for a dyno, it will be a bust. I just ordered a k-tuned catted downpipe to replace my RV-6 catted downpipe.
i want to sell the rv-6 i have asap so i will be putting it on this week once it comes in and start the retuning process with Vittuned.

As for it being nice? It is absolutely beautiful, and my civic has quieted down a bunch because of the Acuity CAi.
Btw, i am comparing it to my s2 CAI i had on before.
The engine bay noise is much quieter.

I like the wide carbon weave to that intake. I haven't seen many aftermarket parts have that type of weave. It looks really nice.

Yes, the fitment is perfect. The mechanic i brought it to, to have it installed told me it was a better fit then my S2 CAi.
Acuity really did make a better Intake.
It is pricy, but it you are looking for the best, with the most gains out of any Cai then this is the CAi for you.
Once i get a Dyno i will know more about the gains, but like i said above. I just got a 3" Dp as well. So we will see if i can break the 215whp mark with this set up.
I say 215 whp because that is about what you can get with a similar setup using the PRL/Skunk2 CAi.

Hope this helps

-RujoKinJal

Yes, the fitment is perfect. The mechanic i brought it to, to have it installed told me it was a better fit then my S2 CAi.
Acuity really did make a better Intake.
It is pricy, but it you are looking for the best, with the most gains out of any Cai then this is the CAi for you.
Once i get a Dyno i will know more about the gains, but like i said above. I just got a 3" Dp as well. So we will see if i can break the 215whp mark with this set up.
I say 215 whp because that is about what you can get with a similar setup using the PRL/Skunk2 CAi.

Hope this helps

-RujoKinJal
Helps alot actually! I had my mind set on the PRL CAI for the longest time but recently heard alot of good things on this Acuity intake.
I already have a 3" downpipe and catback, gathering a few more parts for the RBC and with this intake hopefully I will be around 215whp as well.

Helps alot actually! I had my mind set on the PRL CAI for the longest time but recently heard alot of good things on this Acuity intake.
I already have a 3" downpipe and catback, gathering a few more parts for the RBC and with this intake hopefully I will be around 215whp as well.

Unless you eventually plan on going the turbo route, skip the RBC. The power gains are near/right at the redline as opposed to lower/mid-range where it is more usable even if it is a few WHP less.

Unless you eventually plan on going the turbo route, skip the RBC. The power gains are near/right at the redline as opposed to lower/mid-range where it is more usable even if it is a few WHP less.
I don't plan on going turbo or supercharged anytime soon.
I know you most likely talk from experience but i'll take the small power gain up high and lose a little down low in the RPM.
If I see gains between 5800 and 7600 RPM then that is all i'm looking for.
I currently have the stock intake so I should still see a difference going from stock intake to RBC and cold air intake.

I don't plan on going turbo or supercharged anytime soon.
I know you most likely talk from experience but i'll take the small power gain up high and lose a little down low in the RPM.
If I see gains between 5800 and 7600 RPM then that is all i'm looking for.
I currently have the stock intake so I should still see a difference going from stock intake to RBC and cold air intake.

Read this:

http://blog.vittuned.com/2012-honda-civic-si-rbc-intake-manifold-comparison/

Truthfully, the gains you get from an RBC are only when boosted. Yes you gain 5-10hp after 6k, but you loose tq everywhere else. And since Hp is only as good as your tq you loose more then gain. I mean if you race is by all means, do it. But if it your DD then make it part of your Turbo package, save the cash for a better upgrade

I love my rbc. Torque loss isn’t insanely noticeable and nothing that a quick downshift couldn’t handle. But to each there own. I think this is an unboxing thread not a rbc thread lol.

I like the way that cai looks. If I wasn’t already prl’d Up I would’ve def gone that route since I already have there shift kit. Looks sharp.

I love my rbc. Torque loss isn’t insanely noticeable and nothing that a quick downshift couldn’t handle. But to each there own. I think this is an unboxing thread not a rbc thread lol.

I like the way that cai looks. If I wasn’t already prl’d Up I would’ve def gone that route since I already have there shift kit. Looks sharp.
Glad to hear you like your rbc :thumbsup:
You're right, back on topic! I can't wait to see dyno results!

I wish my vids were better, i took a bunch with my phone, but they are horrible.
As for how it drives, not that much of a difference. Pick up is the same, down shifting is the same.
I wish i had the funds to take it to a dyno b4 i get my 3" dp on.

Back