10 Worst Selling Cars Of 2017

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
10 Worst-Selling Cars of 2017

10) Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive - 744 sold
Spoiler alert: this would be the only car on the list that isn't a sports car or a grand luxury sedan. Apparently, people weren't too keen on Mercedes' attempt at a pure electric car – in this case based on its B-Class MPV sold elsewhere in the world (you may see one on Canadian plates). The B-Class was canned for 2018.

9) Dodge Viper - 585 sold
Farewell dear Viper. In its final year, the Viper didn't exactly set the sales charts ablaze, but at least it outsold a variety of other sports cars that cost a comparable amount.

8) Acura NSX - 581 sold
This can't be good. Despite being in its first full year on the market and therefore what should be the peak of its potential hype, the Acura NSX managed to move a mere 581 units. That's only three more than the Nissan GT-R, which has been on sale since George W. Bush was president.

7) Nissan GT-R - 578 sold
Speak of the devil ... er, Godzilla. Now entering the 10th year since it was introduced, the Nissan GT-R managed to move 578 units. Unlike the NSX, that doesn't seem so bad given its age, non-luxury badge, extreme performance focus and therefore limited audience – and especially considering the incremental improvements that have sweetened the package over the years.

6) BMW i8 - 488 sold
We're guessing BMW isn't able or willing to increase i8 production. That, or consumers have found its price too high and/or performance too low relative other sports cars in this range. Still, well-healed buyers often buy flashy cars for reasons other than performance and we figure the i8's looks alone would be enough to move more metal ... eh, carbon fiber. Hence, our suspicion about limited production.

5) Kia K900 - 455 sold
The K900 being sold in the United States (or anywhere outside Korea, for that matter) has never made much sense. Kia is a youth-oriented brand with sharp styling, technology-focused standard features lists, low prices, dancing hamsters and a major NBA sponsorship. The dynamic Stinger makes sense as a halo model. A luxo barge like the K900 does not. (For reference, the mechanically related Genesis G90 sold 4,398 units.)

4) Alfa Romeo 4C - 407 sold
The Alfa Romeo 4C garnered lots of attention when it debuted, and certainly still catches its fair share of eyeballs at auto shows and out on the open road. Apparently, however, there aren't that many out there to spot as the 4C hasn't exactly caught on. At the 4C's price point, a 718 Boxster/Cayman looks really attractive. Struggle as we may, we can't argue with that.

3) Bentley Flying Spur - 257 sold
To be fair, we don't have Rolls-Royce numbers and the Maybach is rolled into S-Class sales. Therefore, is 257 units sold good or bad for a $189,000 luxury sedan? We just have no idea.

2) Bentley Mulsanne - 98 sold
How about a $304,670 uber-luxury sedan? It's a shame the Mulsanne couldn't at least crack the 100 mark in the United States. Now, in case you're wondering, the best-selling Bentley was ... you guessed it, the Bentayga at 1,152 units sold. The Continental GT was 898. If we had extended this list further, they would've been No. 14 and 12, respectively.

1) Ford GT - 89 sold
Though the GT found homes in 2017 at an absolute trickle, it nevertheless sold at least one in every month apart from January. The most it managed was 16 in November. Still, does anyone care? Nope. Given its price and mission, we're guessing 89 is just fine for all involved. We also don't have Ferrari, Lamborghini or McLaren numbers with which to compare, but really, 89 Ford GT's in the world is better than 0 Ford GT's in the world.

I wonder how different this list would be if it were the top 10 lowest sellers by ratio of number sold to number produced.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

They didn't mention that the Ford GT was sold only to certain people that Ford seemed fit to own the car.

• Staff
Not unlike some models Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bugatti, etc sell. They have to choose you.

Wonder what the qualifications are? Sure money plays a key role.

Wonder what the qualifications are? Sure money plays a key role.

Positive Exposure for the company probably ranks almost equal with raw wealth when they seek out their clients.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Staff
^. They want someone like jay Leno or social figures which will gain more press/following.

Id honestly have 10 cars I find interesting over owning a super car. If I want to drive one that bad you can rent them for a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to want a i8 as my “dream” car. Hell no! Not anyone not only is the HP junk, but I know the car has a terrible set of problems with their audio.

Back