Blinking Brake Lights

stevenlyyy

Rosemead, CA
Vehicle Model
Civic LX
Body Style
Sedan
I've been thinking about installing a BBL for my high mounted (3rd) brake light bulb for awhile now due to the amount of close encounters ive had of people not paying attention and almost ramming into me. With that said, I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with any certain brand or where I could get some. I've heard mixed reviews of this one brand so I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them or anyone else. thank you in advanced !

I've been thinking about installing a BBL for my high mounted (3rd) brake light bulb for awhile now due to the amount of close encounters ive had of people not paying attention and almost ramming into me. With that said, I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with any certain brand or where I could get some. I've heard mixed reviews of this one brand so I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them or anyone else. thank you in advanced !
Go on Amazon and search for blinking brake light 7440 size. I bought mine from the account on insta. It's a 7443 but still kinda fits.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

7443 is the same size as 7440, but 7443 bulbs are normally used in turn signals and have 2 filament wires.

I’ve had them in for a while as well. Bought them from a 9th member. Have had numerous people pull up to me to tell me that my brake lights are shorting out lol. But hey. At least it’s getting their attention.

7443 is the same size as 7440, but 7443 bulbs are normally used in turn signals and have 2 filament wires.
Normally that's the case, I thought the same too. But for some reason, no 7443 LED's I buy for the 7440 sockets used for the turn signals and top mount brake light. It's very odd, especially because I usually only buy silvania or Phillips bulbs

Normally that's the case, I thought the same too. But for some reason, no 7443 LED's I buy for the 7440 sockets used for the turn signals and top mount brake light. It's very odd, especially because I usually only buy silvania or Phillips bulbs

the BASE is the same to fit into the socket. The only difference is a second wire. The "bulb" portion of a LED may be totally different in shape, as every LED manufacturer tends to be completely different. Some have completely different diode patterns and whatever else.

ttWJ5NU.jpg

dang thats a pretty long time ! you havent had any problems with any of the diodes flickering ?

Not that I can notice! The only issue I had was that the bulb was too long to fit inside the top mount housing. What I ended up doing was just sanding down some excess plastic on the top of the bulb to get it to fit. Last time I spoke with the admin behind the Instagram page, he mentioned that he now sells a shorter bulb so that shouldn't be a problem now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not that I can notice! The only issue I had was that the bulb was too long to fit inside the top mount housing. What I ended up doing was just sanding down some excess plastic on the top of the bulb to get it to fit. Last time I spoke with the admin behind the Instagram page, he mentioned that he now sells a shorter bulb so that shouldn't be a problem now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

awesome ! i just bought one for my third brake light yesterday ! cant wait to try it out :) thanks for your input !

Back