Official Meaty fitment / Functional thread

Has anyone got a picture of say.....a +20 offset on a coupe? I've got some...ideas. I know I'll have to run flares, so I'm ok with that. Just having a hard time finding pics
Head over to the wheel and tire fitment thread. You will find more about offsets there.
This thread is more for folks running wider/taller tires.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Has anyone got a picture of say.....a +20 offset on a coupe? I've got some...ideas. I know I'll have to run flares, so I'm ok with that. Just having a hard time finding pics
Here's a 17x9 +22 with a 255 tire. No flares, just pulled fenders.

37434577106_0627b9bd4d_b.jpg

Just got a set of 18x8 +35. Tire size was going to be 225/40/18. Looking to get a ~2" drop or something close on Coilovers to close the fender gap. How much of an issue with rubbing should I expect. would I be better off with going 215/40 on the tires.

Reactions: rlr
Just got a set of 18x8 +35. Tire size was going to be 225/40/18. Looking to get a ~2" drop or something close on Coilovers to close the fender gap. How much of an issue with rubbing should I expect. would I be better off with going 215/40 on the tires.
225/40/18 is pretty standard, you shouldn't have much problems. Might want to run a little camber.
215 is too narrow for an 8"
Check out the tire fitment thread for plenty of examples
http://9thcivic.com/forum/index.php?threads/3815/

Last edited:
For those of you running 235/40-17, what tires would you recommend? It's an uncommon size, and I'm not overly familiar with many of the tires available.

Will be my DD setup. I prefer all season, but can do summer tires. I live in El Paso, TX...and can keep a set of 18s for winter use, or get some cheap 16"s for winter and sell all my 18s, when I transition to 17".

For those of you running 235/40-17, what tires would you recommend? It's an uncommon size, and I'm not overly familiar with many of the tires available.

Will be my DD setup. I prefer all season, but can do summer tires. I live in El Paso, TX...and can keep a set of 18s for winter use, or get some cheap 16"s for winter and sell all my 18s, when I transition to 17".
Any reason you are set on 235/40? You will have better tire options with 225/45 and have a beefier look.

You think? On a 8" wheel I don't think there would be any problems? Mine do not rub.

I rubbed on a 17x9 +35 in the rear. Only after my most aggressive alignment did I eliminate the rubbing in street driving, but I still rubbed on turns that had imperfections in the road or at full compression at the track.

Any reason you are set on 235/40? You will have better tire options with 225/45 and have a beefier look.

I'm not stone cold set on 235/40, but exploring it as an option. I like 225/45 for the extra sidewall (better ride?) and availability. Initially I wanted 245/40-17s, for extra cornering grip, but felt "warned off" the size, since it's at the limit for an 8" wheel. The 235/40 kind of splits the difference.

I'm currently on Conti ExtremeContact Sports in 225/40-18, with HFP drop, and can adjust camber on all four corners. I'd prefer to run one set of all season tires year round; rather than feeling the need to keep a spare set up in case it gets cold, or I want to road trip where it's cold or snowy.

My original (flawed?) logic was: a 245mm UHP all season would give me confidence in bad weather, but retain dry grip similar to a 225 summer tire. Plus, the 245/40-17 is a pretty common size as well.

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tires....8DWS06XL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tires....GFC2ASXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Others tested they liked
https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=222&tab=TestReport

I have skunk2 springs on my 2015 si, so its 2.25" in the front and 2" in the rear. I want to keep stock tires on but I'm trying to find rims that'll fit with no rubbing cause I'm not trying to pull or roll my fenders. whats a good offset and rim width to run?

Back