Headlights not adjusting

671 Civic

Hello Everyone. Ive been getting flashed a ton on lately and noticed my drivers side light is a bit higher than my passengers. I attempted to move my adjust my headlights and it does not appear to be doing anything. Its like the adjustment for the backside with the 10mm bolt isn't moving the headlight up or down. Any advice?

Hello Everyone. Ive been getting flashed a ton on lately and noticed my drivers side light is a bit higher than my passengers. I attempted to move my adjust my headlights and it does not appear to be doing anything. Its like the adjustment for the backside with the 10mm bolt isn't moving the headlight up or down. Any advice?
What year/body style is your Civic?

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Are any of the bolts holding the headlight in place loose or have something under the bolt?

Double checked all bolts. Going to pull the bumper again tomorrow. I replaced
I believe you have 9006's as your low beams. Make sure they are seated correctly. Usually that's the most common problem

I’ll look at that tomorrow. Thank you for your response

Its like the adjustment for the backside with the 10mm bolt isn't moving the headlight up or down. Any advice?

this picture is from another car, but is what you're turning look like a gear with teeth?

1LMRh1V.jpg

It looks like a gear on the back of the headlight. You put a phillips down into it and spin it. One direction will raise the beam, and turning it the other way will lower. This is a video of a crv, but it shows what I'm referring to as well.

View: https://youtu.be/RasZFPcu9kc

this picture is from another car, but is what you're turning look like a gear with teeth?

1LMRh1V.jpg

It looks like a gear on the back of the headlight. You put a phillips down into it and spin it. One direction will raise the beam, and turning it the other way will lower. This is a video of a crv, but it shows what I'm referring to as well.

View: https://youtu.be/RasZFPcu9kc

Yes that’s the bolt I’m adjusting. I’m using the 10mm from the back instead of the Phillips from the top.

As long as everything is seated correctly and it seems like it is way out of alignment. It takes a lot of turns to adjust the headlight, it moves it very slowly.

It definitely moves very slow. If you're saying it's too high, it also may not look to be moving if you're effectively trying to raise it up more and it's already maxed up. It'll take a lot of turning of that bolt in the other direction to get it to start going down.

As long as everything is seated correctly and it seems like it is way out of alignment. It takes a lot of turns to adjust the headlight, it moves it very slowly.
I am going to verify the seating. I maxed out both directions up and down till it didn’t turn anymore. I’ll report back.

It definitely moves very slow. If you're saying it's too high, it also may not look to be moving if you're effectively trying to raise it up more and it's already maxed up. It'll take a lot of turning of that bolt in the other direction to get it to start going down.
This^

I maxed out both directions till the bolt didn’t move. I’m almost positive it’s not seated correctly

I maxed out both directions till the bolt didn’t move. I’m almost positive it’s not seated correctly
In that case, Id recommend removing the assembly and re-seating the bulbs. It'll involve removing the bumper but it's the best option

In that case, Id recommend removing the assembly and re-seating the bulbs. It'll involve removing the bumper but it's the best option

Thank you for the response. I’ll report back this afternoon. Appreciate all the advice

Just looked up your bulb type, you do in fact have 9006's. Make sure that you push slightly and twist clock wise when installing them. Match the three flaps with their matching holes on the assembly, push in and twist clockwise. If you just twist and not push, the bulb wont seat right.

All it turned out that the 9006 bulb was seated incorrectly. Once i pulled the headlights of and light pushed and turned clockwise it was good to go! Thanks for all your help!

Back