aznboi606's 2012 DBP coupe Build Thread

Do you know if the right rear bag will clear a 3" exhaust when aired out? I watched a video with an 8th Gen and they person mentioned that it touched on his car when aired out. Just wondering if the 9th Gen had the same issue.

drive that car here- and it would get rip to piece's LOL!

Do you know if the right rear bag will clear a 3" exhaust when aired out? I watched a video with an 8th Gen and they person mentioned that it touched on his car when aired out. Just wondering if the 9th Gen had the same issue.
he has a 3" exhaust from full race on the car. His bags hit - see the post below

Well good news and some bad news guys. I picked up a used sedan full race exhaust and got it done today. Polished the tip so it would look new. The bad news is that, I had the exhaust shop welded another hanger and made the exhaust more oval to clear the bags, but when I air out and air back up.... bags are rubbing :( about to take a hammer to this. (It was clear when I was at the shop, but when I got home, no good). Anyone experience with hammering an exhaust to clear the bag?

View attachment 53068 View attachment 53069 View attachment 53070 View attachment 53071

I took a hammer to it, its clear now. Had it on the car going over 2-3years now.

so the exhaust was banging for 3 years LOL-seems like the hammer mod should have been done a bit sooner! This is how cars use to be fixed, now the new way the computer fixes everything or does it? YOu need a laptop and a Hondata to even try and work on these cars, plus a computer hammer will all else fails.

Last edited:
so the exhaust was banging for 3 years LOL-seems like the hammer mod should have been done a bit sooner! This is how cars use to be fixed, now the new way the computer fixes everything or does it? YOu need a laptop and a Hondata to even try and work on these cars, plus a computer hammer will all else fails.

He’s had it on without issue for 2-3yrs (after using a hammer).

the cpu did not fix anything, only a crude iron hammer or perhaps rubber more modern. iron hammer a few hundred years old, rubber hammer maybe a bit over one hundred years old. But maybe biggest mistake was putting on the wrong exhaust in the first place. 3" stainless dual exhaust works perfect on the srt-4 with muffler and cat, also have a cat delete-not being used due to noise and stink. Another example why the SRT-4 simply works better,except on crude sink holes in road.

the cpu did not fix anything, only a crude iron hammer or perhaps rubber more modern. iron hammer a few hundred years old, rubber hammer maybe a bit over one hundred years old. But maybe biggest mistake was putting on the wrong exhaust in the first place. 3" stainless dual exhaust works perfect on the srt-4 with muffler and cat, also have a cat delete-not being used due to noise and stink. Another example why the SRT-4 simply works better,except on crude sink holes in road.
The si performs the best with a 3” exhaust. Countless dyno tests have shown it. I don’t know where you’re getting your comments.

Pics below where I mod the exhaust. C clamp barely did anything, the weighted hammer worked best.

20160802_170556.jpg

Almost a finger gap after aired out.
20160803_171135.jpg

Daily height.
20160803_170939.jpg

As long as it works. That little bend in the prior isn't enough to affect airflow that much. It's about the little things you gotta do to make stuff work. That's what i love about modifying cars. Some would scoff at that idea, but us regular folks just gotta do what works.

Hammer is one of the most common and useful tool in box- not approved by Honda however LOL!

your lucky-the pipe didn't creak

Gotta say, this full race exhaust is pretty strong. I literately bang the f'ed and thought it might crack on me. You be surprised how many bagged 8th-9thgens use this method to prevent their rear bag from melting.

Back