Maintenance info

K24RippiniT

Hi all. I just bought a 2012 si sedan last week and was wondering what these mean. Do I need to change/replace them?IMG_20170913_004637.jpg IMG_20170913_004634.jpg

didn't pay attention to that, but if your oil looks clean then id just reset it, someone probably did the oil change early or is on a different schedule then the car system is, its mainly just a maintenance reminder for preventive that needs done.

I would check your oil and tire tread depth. It could be that it still needs the work done and someone accidently reset the oil life indicator. If the oil looks like it needs changed and you have lower tread depth on the front then best guess the transmission fluid does still need changing.
Also, how many miles are on it?

It is telling you what needs to be done at next oil change. It is showing two things: oil life, and what needs to be done at the next oil change. When the oil life gets to 30% or lower those are the items you are going to do. It is giving you a heads up so you can buy your trans fluid when you buy the oil and filter.

If you reset the maint. minder I bet the trans fluid will not appear

here is a helpful linky

PSA: When you change your oil and/or rotate your tires, don’t forget to check your tire pressure, including the spare! It’s really easy to neglect the spare tire. You don’t want to get stuck with a flat and your spare tire is low also. Spare tire pressure is usually 60PSI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got my 2012 R18ZI about a year and a half ago with 76K miles and it currently sits at 113K miles. I change my oil and filter every 3k - 5k miles and recently got brand new tires, filled the brake fluid and brand new brakes all around. I have no codes popping up, but how often should the coolant and and transmission fluid be changed? I know I'm due for spark plugs, I'll likely be getting the NKG Iridium. (Says they don't fit my car?)

It should say in your manual for the coolant and tranny fluid. The NKG Iridium fits the Si so I wouldn't think the block would change so much that they wouldn't fit in the R18. May have to gap them though, not sure.

It should say in your manual for the coolant and tranny fluid. The NKG Iridium fits the Si so I wouldn't think the block would change so much that they wouldn't fit in the R18. May have to gap them though, not sure.
Gap them?

I got my 2012 R18ZI about a year and a half ago with 76K miles and it currently sits at 113K miles. I change my oil and filter every 3k - 5k miles and recently got brand new tires, filled the brake fluid and brand new brakes all around. I have no codes popping up, but how often should the coolant and and transmission fluid be changed? I know I'm due for spark plugs, I'll likely be getting the NKG Iridium. (Says they don't fit my car?)

Coolant i believe is around roughly 100k if i remember correctly, your manual will tell you for sure.

manual Trans fluid is 30k intervals, but many people myself included change it more frequently, especially if you drive the car spiritedly or do any sort of track or autoX events with it. or are you automatic? I don't know the correct interval on that.

either way use oem Honda fluid for both if you do decide to change them.

Back