Question about e85

Bradyn

Hey guys I’m looking to get an intake tune injectors and a fuel pump to run e85, which size injectors should I get?

I've never seen anyone try e85 on the r18 motor unless they were running a turbo or supercharger. The benefits to e85 are the octane rating, and it allows people running boost to turn up their turbo/sc without getting knock. More turbo boost=more power off e85 versus what you can achieve with 93 octane. Most say e85 is equivalent to over 105 octane, so you have the ability to tune the car for that increase without the motor going boom. I don't know if you'd get a reply from him, but you could ask Vit if he's ever done it. I'm guessing he'd say it's not worth it unless you're running forced induction.
https://vittuned.com/contact/

So it’d be pointless without a source of forced induction? Because I’m really just looking to get the most power with the least amount of money invested because I really wanna put a little money into this car then just save up for the next that’s why I was doing intake injectors fuel pump and a hondata

No I wouldn’t waste ur time converting. 30% more fuel consumption for little to no gains.

Any mods u get I would tune on 93. If u plan on getting a tune I would really sit down and figure out what u want on your car as far as bolt ons and just get everything in one shot. That way you only have to tune it once and save some money. That’s a personal opinion. I haven’t really seen what a tune and bolt ons can do for a r18 so maybe someone else can and some input.

This isn’t going to be what you probably want to hear, but the r18 engine doesn’t really respond well to engine/power modifications. Hondata is roughly $700 by itself plus around $175-200 for someone to give you one custom etune based on your modifications. If you end up adding more power mods, you’ll be paying for another etune and so on. That’s why he mentioned putting everything on at once and getting one tune.

A number of intakes have shown losses in power over the stock system. You’ll gain “noise”, but actual power output may be lost.

Most people with the r18 do a lot of style updates along with swapping to a thicker rear sway bar to improve handling. A few who spent a lot of money on power mods eventually swapped their cars for the si. There are countless mods targeted at the si, and that’s why you even said that you saw so many build threads for si owners. That’s where a lot of the aftermarket focus is at. It doesn’t mean you cannot swap things to make your car more fun. You just need to be aware of what’s realistic and how much you’re willing to spend to achieve minimal power gains.

I'm so confused. I thought your profile page said you had the r18 yesterday. Anyway, the person who you said is going to tune you.... do they have experience with the 9th gen si on e85 that they can show you before/after results? Or, do they have examples of their work on non-turbo cars with e85 gains?

So since I have a 2012 civic si would I be good to do intake injectors fuel pump and hondata on e85? If so which size injectors should I get? 420, 550, 750, 1000, 1200, or 1300? I’m guessing none of the last 3

e85 without any significant upgrades is literally pointless. Unless you have forced induction or have a fully built engine, I'd stay clear.

So go intake and tune on 93? What other small upgrades would you suggest with that setup just for some power gains

Back