CEL Issue

TechJohnson

Pennsylvania
Vehicle Model
FB6
Body Style
Sedan
hey everyone. today i took my 2015 si to the dealer to get my new plates. after receiving the car back, my CEL came on. before leaving, i had them check it out. on the car, it said check emissions. on their scanner, he said it was because my car was running rich. he said sometimes it's a fluke, so he cleared it and off i went.

here's my issue. i put a 3 inch intake on the car last week. everything feels great, no issues. now that my CEL came on and it's been cleared, i almost feel as if i've dropped some torque. almost a bit hesitant on acceleration in 2nd and 3rd gear. could i possibly have a vacuum leak which is causing the ECU to dump more fuel in? the car is 100% stock aside from the intake.

i know a 3.5 inch intake requires a tune, so i opted for the 3 inch until i start building the car in a few months. any help would be greatly appreciated.

The ecu will continue to adjust air/fuel to compensate for the new intake. Some have had check engine lights and others haven’t.

Give this ecu resetting procedure a shot to see if it helps.

View: https://youtu.be/II9X3lBKYWY

It's been awhile since I've updated this post. Unfortunately, I'm still having the issue but I'm starting to get closer to figuring out my issue.

Unfortunately, resetting the ECU didn't work. Since this post, I purchased a FlashPro. Every time I put a MAP based tune on the car, it won't hold idle. Starts right up and shuts off. Interesting, right?

So, put Hondata Reflash on, stock equivalent on, MAF retune on, and the car holds idle and will drive...but my problem still happens.

After looking further into things, I noticed my motor mounts are broken, so that's on the list. Also, my clutch is on the way out, so that's on the list. But that still doesn't answer my question with my issue.

Decided to download the iOS app to see what my MAP (.bar) number is reading when driving. Noticed that every once in a while, it gets to -0.00 and even 0.36, which is showing I'm getting boost.

After all this, I'm starting think my MAP sensor is on its way out...if not already out.

So my question, is this the MAP sensor I should be purchasing: https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/denso-manifold-absolute-pressure-sensor-198-2002/11573345-P

I'm also going to be purchasing NGK Laser Iridium spark plugs while I'm at it. Doesn't hurt to replace those.

How did u wire the MAP for the new intake? Sounds like you need a tune?

Map sensor is part # from Honda-
37830-RNA-A01

Looks like the link you posted works as well.

Always get those two sensors mixed up. Let us know the results.

IMO you have way too many things going on at once.
Just because the car feels hesitant doesn't mean there is a problem. If you aren't getting a CEL, the car likely just needs a tune.
What exact intake do you have?
I would hold off on replacing any parts, highly doubtful your map sensor has failed.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

IMO you have way too many things going on at once.
Just because the car feels hesitant doesn't mean there is a problem. If you aren't getting a CEL, the car likely just needs a tune.
What exact intake do you have?
I would hold off on replacing any parts, highly doubtful your map sensor has failed.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
You must not have read the entire post...

Regardless, I have an HPS SRI 3-inch which I'll be replacing with a PRL anyway. Also, the sensor was bad. Got two people to do tests on it. The sensor will be here tomorrow.

just remember you'll need a tune to run that prl intake

You must not have read the entire post...

why do you think that? pretty sure i did read your issues and posed a few questions.

as i read it, you installed an intake, got a CEL, reset it, think the car is running poorly. then bought a flashpro and loaded a MAP tune (which is no longer supported by hondata btw). then had broken mounts, then ordered a new intake, never mentioned the brand. then condemned your MAP sensor b/c it was "reading boost", never mention what tests were done to confirm.

what did I miss?

believe me, i have thrown parts at problems just to have no change. i felt that jumping right to a failed map sensor was premature. if that is the issue, thats all good but asking some basic questions to help you diagnose is more than fair, IMO

I'm all about reviving dead posts. I am having the same issue and was wondering how did you test your map sensor? Because as @dpetro1 mentioned, I've been throwing all the basic crap I can think of at it and nothing has changed yet. So far I've done the gas cap, spark plugs, cleaned my map sensor with brake cleaner and pre cat o2 sensor. Before I go any further I gotta fix this. My car came with a Skunk2 CAI when I bought it, could it be as simple as changing the intake? Thanks y'all

I'm all about reviving dead posts. I am having the same issue and was wondering how did you test your map sensor? Because as @dpetro1 mentioned, I've been throwing all the basic crap I can think of at it and nothing has changed yet. So far I've done the gas cap, spark plugs, cleaned my map sensor with brake cleaner and pre cat o2 sensor. Before I go any further I gotta fix this. My car came with a Skunk2 CAI when I bought it, could it be as simple as changing the intake? Thanks y'all

Are you tuned? I could definitely see the SK2 intake causing a CEL if not.

Back