Tak - The <3 of my 9th Gen Civic FB2

So in those two pics, what mode is the headlight in for both pics?

So in those two pics, what mode is the headlight in for both pics?
Quite honestly I don't remember. I think I just pressed the emergency blink to take pictures lol

I will take some more pictures shortly.

I know my retrofit headlights with LED bulb may not achieve the best output. The light output of Opt7 LED on a H1 projector is very good. I enjoy driving at night more than before with this output which is far superior than halogen. I'll definitely do HID after I clear some family bills first. Stay tuned.

The pictures depict the low beam on and off.
IMG_3607.JPG
IMG_3606.JPG

That doesn’t look bad at all. It’s kind of hard to tell from just that pic, but you may even be able to raise the beam (at least on the passenger side). It looks like the light beam is just barely into the door on that white suv. You really should go find a flat parking lot and point your car at a wall/garage door/ whatever. Then you can properly adjust the beam for each headlight up/down to the proper levels. You will just need a long flat head or long philips screwdriver to adjust it.

CD8CEA42-844C-457B-89E6-EB4B5D4230F2.jpeg

This is kind of what you’ll be shooting for. The top of the drivers side step (1) to match up to the top of the passenger side (2) step.

Take a measurement from the ground to the top of the car projector on the car. Take a piece of tape and place it on the wall at that height. Drive the car about 20 or so feet back from the wall and make sure that the light beam on the wall is a few inches down from that tape line when your car is backed up. That’ll ensure your headlights are pointed properly and then you can level them from left to right like the pic shows.

Going by your pic, I think you’ll be able to even gain some distance visibility when you raise them.

It seems like my car has been bad luck.

Two weeks in a row, the right side of the front bumper got scratched deep last weekend and the front modulo grill was damaged on the left side this weekend. I parked on the left side at the same spot, same location, and similar time. My wife and I smelled vandalism.

Last weekend
IMG_3725.JPG

This weekend
IMG_3771.JPG

Damn, that sucks tak. I hope you don't have any more of those problems...some people are just jerks...Damn shame

Reactions: Tak
Damn, that sucks tak. I hope you don't have any more of those problems...some people are just jerks...Damn shame

I hope so. My wife and I think we gonna disappear from those blocks for a time being.
We don't get it. I parked it on the left. One time got the right side scratched, the other time, the grille was damaged on the left.
How did the other car back up to damage my grill on the left side?

As the car was parked there at the same spot, same location, and near the same time but different week, we felt two incidents can't be co-incident.

Hello guys

I've been busy lately. I only did a couple of things slowly.

1. Replaced the damaged grille with Si grille
2. Removed the bumper guard in possession of installing the license plate relocator in next phase)
3. Added a dash cam from Amazon (full HD, parking mode, etc)
4. Replaced the trunk seal. (Checked all area (tail lights, air vent, trunk seal etc) to find where the water was dripping from. We found the trunk seal had a few holes and its wet inside in the trunk seal, all other areas were dry)
5. Used touchup pen to paint to cover big scratches but it still looks ugly. I will wait until the weather is warm to completely do a full spray paint

In the coming holiday, I will try to squeeze some time out to do

1. Install the Accord horn ($10 from College Hills)
2. Install the license plate relocator
3. Black out the lower grille of the bumper with Vinyl wrap

The picture was taken last week
IMG_3932.JPG

Last edited:
Hello everyone. How are you all doing? I haven't visited this site for a long time because I'm so busy with my family.

Regarding my Civic, I haven't done any work except repainting the scratch area on the front bumper myself due to the deep scratches I've got during the winter time. I sanded down the scratches. Then I bought the putty from scratch wizard and used it to patch the deep scratches. Then I used the base coat and clear from automativetouchup to blend the color at the best. Then did the wet sand, rubbing compound, and polish it.

As this was the first time I was doing this kind of repair myself, it's not perfect. If I see it from up close, then scratches are still visible but not that obvious. If I see I from 2 feet, then it looks good. I call it a day.

The next is to fix up the deep scratches on the rear passenger door myself soon.

The picture was taken on 6/26/18.

f361bae5cda56c1fd5665418c52c6f8c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi Guys

My friend has a cheap dash camera to give out as a gift that I want to install it as a rear camera.

My question is that I've already installed a dash camera using the cigarette lighter plug. Is it possible to get another dash camera and install it as a rear camera? If so, how can I use the cigarette light plug for both cameras?

Thanks

Hi Guys

My friend has a cheap dash camera to give out as a gift that I want to install it as a rear camera.

My question is that I've already installed a dash camera using the cigarette lighter plug. Is it possible to get another dash camera and install it as a rear camera? If so, how can I use the cigarette light plug for both cameras?

Thanks

You’d need to see what kind of power the other cameras require. You don’t want to overload the fuse for the cigarette lighter with other items pulling too much juice.

Back