2014 Civic Si Head Unit Update or Fix

Victorusmc

Frederick, MD
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Coupe
I have a 2014 civic si with a non nav head unit ( 7 inch touchscreen), I was wondering if anybody know of any kind of support by Honda to make an update to this headunit or is there a fix for when you connect an android phone to the HDMI it actually works? Ive been looking at some other posts but people use Apple products and I dont see anything about updating to the unit. Thank you in advance

Honda hasn't released any updates. I'm not sure what you're trying to do specifically (mirror your phone?), but this may help you?

Push the ignition button to turn accessory mode on (or start the engine), then hold the Power, Menu, and Eject buttons together and the head unit will enter into a diagnostic mode. The display will show two options; tap on the bottom option. Then, hold the Menu button till you get to another menu. Now choose Vehicle Model Information, then DD VSP ERROR and set it to off.

View: https://youtu.be/Kvu0_oi5UJk

Any recommendations on what sort of dongle i can use to stream audio and video at the same time while using 3G from my phone ?
The bluetooth sound quality is bad, sounds like bluetooth 2.1 quality :(

as in a movie playing to your nav screen off your phone and another music source playing off your phone at the same time?

as in a movie playing to your nav screen off your phone and another music source playing off your phone at the same time?
sorry for the confusion - I meant Mirror google maps on the screen ( video) while getting audio as well over hdmi ( navigation instructions + streaming spotify) while running both google maps and spotify over mobile internet.
I am fairly new to wifi dongles, and read that some ( eg a google chromecast) need both the phone and the dongle to connect to a wifi network?
Most of the youtube videos of folks who hacked the hdmi connection show them using fire HD sticks.
I had used a chinese miracast dongle a long time back which had both modes ( direct connection & via a third wifi network)
not sure what's the best way to go

sorry for the confusion - I meant Mirror google maps on the screen ( video) while getting audio as well over hdmi ( navigation instructions + streaming spotify) while running both google maps and spotify over mobile internet.
I am fairly new to wifi dongles, and read that some ( eg a google chromecast) need both the phone and the dongle to connect to a wifi network?
Most of the youtube videos of folks who hacked the hdmi connection show them using fire HD sticks.
I had used a chinese miracast dongle a long time back which had both modes ( direct connection & via a third wifi network)
not sure what's the best way to go
I’d send a message to the person who made the video (that I posted above). He’s using the fire stick, so he could confirm if it’s possible to do what you’re asking. He said post any questions to him.

The reason I asked for an update to the head unit is to see if there was a way of connecting the android phone directly to the car, without a roku or a fire stick,
I bought the micro usb to hdmi cable but when I connect it to the car and choose HDMI nothing happens. I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 plus.

Back