Tak - The <3 of my 9th Gen Civic FB2

It seems like my car has been bad luck.

Two weeks in a row, the right side of the front bumper got scratched deep last weekend and the front modulo grill was damaged on the left side this weekend. I parked on the left side at the same spot, same location, and similar time. My wife and I smelled vandalism.

Last weekend
View attachment 57258

This weekend
View attachment 57259
The haters don't like to see other people enjoying their hard work and prizes! But keep pushing bro! Your 9th looks wicked!

Front lip and side skirt extension installed. Now my car is "Visually" lowered more and looks more nicer. Cheap mod FTW.
352ac2e76401c03ebe35031f36003d11.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think after going through the rain puddles a few times, my eBay k2motor fog light died. Well it's 2 years being used. After troubleshooting, I think it's the wire harness malfunctioned.

Now I'm thinking about either option

A. Get another set and redo the wiring
B. Get oem wire harness and connect it to the current aftermarket fog light switch button and fuse box.

Thanks

I think after going through the rain puddles a few times, my eBay k2motor fog light died. Well it's 2 years being used. After troubleshooting, I think it's the wire harness malfunctioned.

Now I'm thinking about either option

A. Get another set and redo the wiring
B. Get oem wire harness and connect it to the current aftermarket fog light switch button and fuse box.

Thanks

Are both sides out or 1? If 1, swap the good bulb over to the other side and test. Does the wire harness have it’s own fuse on the harness itself? Another thing to check.

It's both side. Try swapping the Bulbs but no good. Fuse seems to be okay.

I reinstalled a new fog light kit from Spyder with my friend who's a mechanic. My buddy said it's both wires and fuses were a goner. We used the existing wires and tapped with the new one.

Happy holidays guys. I hope you guys enjoyed it.

I didn’t do much on the car except getting these below on Black Friday

1. AVS aero skin hood protector
2. Genuine JDM hazard switch

Picture was taken before the holiday.

Cheers [emoji106][emoji16]

b75ad0a3ab8dcb0fab0233d9ddedaa1a.jpg

The AVS hood protector is installed. The front end is now more aggressive. I’d say the fitment is 90%. I was trying my best to align both sides but it’s always one side slightly being off about 2mm. You cannot notice until you look at closeup. I got it on Black Friday sales for $40. I call it a day.
3540779b199f58e23408bd4c61daddbe.jpg

The car is still looking great Tak!

Thanks @bauer311

It’s so hard to keep up and put up efforts on this car.

Next year if I have extra money from the tax refund, I will consider buying 18” x 8.5 black light weight wheels.

Meanwhile my friend suggested me to black out my current white rim with black plasti dip to get a taste of it.

Yeah, you could try that to see if you like it. I would highly recommend enkei rpf1's for wheel selection. They are relatively affordable given their notoriety and they look great. But that's just my two cents, you do you.

Happy New Year all 9thcivic members. I wish you all happy, healthy, and prosperous.

The first thing I will do in 2019 is to replace the front brake rotor and brake pad. It’s been a month or two I’ve been hearing noises while driving. I know the rotor has been warped and the pad has been thin.

I’m currently using Power Stop brake kit. Although I like the look of cross drilled and slotted rotor, I don’t think the braking power has improved.

I will be getting Centric premium blank with Akebono street performance pad this time. I’ve been hearing lots of good things about this combo. My car is daily with 40-50 miles per day.

The second thing to do is alignment. It’s been overdue as well. Sometimes it’s pulling to one side. This also confirms if the noise is resolved as well. My friend and I suspect the noise is from the warped brake rotor itself, not from the suspension, end links or ball joint etc.

The third thing and forth thing to do are transmission fluid and brake fluid flush. I haven’t done these at all since I’ve owned the car and my car is at 50k miles mark.

Thanks

Yeah a cross drilled and slotted rotor will most definitely not IMPROVE stopping power. Less surface area on the rotor will more than likely perform worse.

As far as heat dissipation though, it will probably be harder for the rotor to warp due to ridding itself of heat a bit better.

And they look cool. :)

Yeah a cross drilled and slotted rotor will most definitely not IMPROVE stopping power. Less surface area on the rotor will more than likely perform worse.

As far as heat dissipation though, it will probably be harder for the rotor to warp due to ridding itself of heat a bit better.

And they look cool. :)

I like it being like look cool. However I’m tired of the warping and sneezing noise.

I will invest on a quality slotted rotor from Stoptech on my next set. I’ve had the PowerStop’s brake kit for 2+ years and it’s been fine until few months ago. I swear this cheap quality cross drilled and slotted rotor ate the brake pad like crazy. It’s also rusting on the edge of the rotor fast. I guess I paid what I got.

The Centric premium rotor and Akebono street performance pad are both arrived . I will put them on soon. I’ve researched about this combo and many people like it. Centric is also Stoptech. I should see some improvement than a cheap look cool rotor.

Thanks

Update:

After changing the rotor and pad, I feel as it’s more firmer when I press the brake pedal. I didn’t have that “firm” feeling before. Time will tell me more.

134a8617f3ae705b773d667a87bca9ed.jpg
9eefa972ef07e3e5d8add20369f3dcc0.jpg

Last edited:
The weather of NYC on Martin Luther King’s weekend dropped to single degree due to the snow storm. I drove out for grocery as normal. I thought I’ve hit a small pot hole or something on local streets. Then I heard[emoji95]. The tire pressure alert popped up right away. I checked the tires. The front tire was blown.

Driving with a donut in the front was scary because civic is a FWD. I feel it’s losing traction.

Next day I was hunting for the replacement tire I needed 215/45/R17. But none of the local tire shops got it or they only got some cheap unknown brand. Finally Firestone got my $. Front set is the Continental which is the one I’ve been running and rear set is on Bridgestone.

What a terrible weekend.
9e8e31a77b9d00c8e852eeb4ca395cf7.jpg
f1af65685209d15e02e7cfb9c2713569.jpg

Last edited:
Back