Clutch/Transmission Issues!

I would worry about getting the car to start before the transmission issue .think I said this before .

Like I said before also, that 5 volt reference code is the key .

I would worry about getting the car to start before the transmission issue .think I said this before .

Like I said before also, that 5 volt reference code is the key .
Do you know how to do this 5 volt testing? I want to do it tomorrow to try and find anything.

Update:

I checked all fuses, made sure all grounds where proper, even made the negative ground for the battery in a better location to get off that small tab by the headlight. Checked all sensor connections and also read each sensor with the ohm reader and all is checking out.

These are the codes in order:

P0122
P0222
P2122
P0641 - That damn open circuit code.

Not entirely sure how to check that open circuit since all grounds are good and sensors seem fine.

The car just cranks, cranks, cranks, and cranks...but never turns over. Could I potentially have a blown ECU?

If I try to clear the codes, the relay clicks as if they are cleared. I rescan and these exact codes are back.

I've also checked all the 7.5, 10, 15, and 20 fuses in both the engine bay and by the pedals. All are good.

You'll need a wiring diagram to test that circuit .you'll have to know the pin at the ecu connector.

I'm going to be honest, I've lost all patience and I called a new shop on Friday. Told them my entire issue and they should be calling me back Monday to see if they can get my car in. I'm willing to pay what it takes to get my baby back on the road to finally start this damn build. Getting frustrated lol. It's a pretty reputable company here in Pennsylvania that makes a well-known product for our cars. :P

Yeah, unfortunately, I try to be nice. It's who I am...but I think it's time to start getting firm so they understand I'm not messing around anymore. I don't care if I lose a bridge at this point. My car has been out of commission for weeks and I NEED it on the road for work and family. This unacceptable.
You never called them back?

UPDATE:

Hey everyone, I finally have some unfortunate news regarding the car after nearly two months of back-and-forth with the old shop. Where do I start?

Let's start with the shop I was doing work for. After the constant back-and-forth regarding them trying to get my car, I found out the person who "owned" the shop no longer "works" for them. Sketchy, right? They didn't have a building to work on the car. They told me not to worry and they will find a tow company to tow my car from State College, PA to Philadelphia, PA and he would work on it in his garage.

After weeks and weeks of beating me around the bush, I had no choice but to send the car to the Honda Dealer. Need my car back by August 29th.

After a full day of looking over the car at the dealer, Honda found the problem.

The speed sensor on the transmission was melted, causing the car not to start. Once unplugged, the car started and idled with no problems. So that was the electrical issue.

As far as the mechanical issue, this is where things get interesting.

When they cracked open the drain plug to my transmission, not a drop of fluid came out. It was bone dry, even to the touch. This cause the transmission to overheat and seize, as well as melt the speed sensor. Unfortunately, I need to replace the entire transmission.

What's interesting is this - when the previous shop installed my clutch, they refilled the transmission up with motor oil, not transmission oil. How would that completely evaporate within a timeframe of 3 hours on the road? Hmm...oh yeah, the car was leaking oil the entire time in my garage from the transmission. I'm led to believe the transmission was never installed properly after the clutch was installed.

At the end of the day, the transmission speed sensor needs to be replaced, as well as my transmission. The dealer informed there is a possibility my new clutch and lightweight flywheel also needs to be replaced, but they won't know until they officially take apart the transmission to replace it. In my head, that's very unlikely.

So, there's the update. We know what's wrong...but now what?

If the entire clutch, flywheel, and transmission need replacing, I'm looking at nearly $4,000. If just the transmission, $2,700. What do I do regarding the older shop? Bite the bullet, take them to small claims court? Any legal advice here?

You talk to people you know about lawyers they’ve used/suggest. You call that lawyer and ask for a consultation visit and you explain the entire situation. The lawyer can tell you his fees to take your case and write that old shop. You’re likely going to have to eat the entire repair expense up front, and once you get your final bill you can have the lawyer take it forward for damages/repair fees. If they won’t pay, the lawyer would need to take the case to court. They’ll likely never show, and then you can potentially get a judgement against them. It’s a crap situation.

Look up what the laws are in PA, in CA there is a website/phone number with BAR to fill out for automotive problems with automotive businesses

I'm definitely going to check this out, thank you.

You talk to people you know about lawyers they’ve used/suggest. You call that lawyer and ask for a consultation visit and you explain the entire situation. The lawyer can tell you his fees to take your case and write that old shop. You’re likely going to have to eat the entire repair expense up front, and once you get your final bill you can have the lawyer take it forward for damages/repair fees. If they won’t pay, the lawyer would need to take the case to court. They’ll likely never show, and then you can potentially get a judgement against them. It’s a crap situation.

I need to find some reputable lawyers in my area, for sure. Getting a consultation wouldn't be a bad thing. If I had to eat the repair cost, so be it. It just blows my mind that the shop won't take ownership of their f'up. I've been in the car scene my whole life, so I know this stuff happens and such, but this is just absurd to me.

Sorry to hear. That's a big bill to fix someones mistake . Would be interesting to know if the melted sensor caused the 5 volt reference code .

Sorry to hear. That's a big bill to fix someones mistake . Would be interesting to know if the melted sensor caused the 5 volt reference code .
I actually specifically asked this question and they gave me a very affirmative yes, it's on the same circuit.

I'm a little confused about the no trans fluid. You said something about leaking in your garage, was it empty from the time you got it back from the shop or did it leak out while driving? Also, why would it be empty it leak at all? Don't usually empty a transmission to replace a clutch .

Quit wasting everyone's time by not taking the best advice here: take action on this shop, and get your car fixed by professionals for free. Did you pay by credit card? Contact your credit card company. They often will reverse a charge like this. Contact a lawyer about getting reimbursed for damage caused by the poor work.

Have you made any progress with the repair or talking to a lawyer?
I haven't pursued lawyer yet. Shop reached out to me a week ago saying they would "start to send me money since their insurance didn't cover it." So I have some good faith they are doing the right thing. Guess I'll wait on that front.

I'm a little confused about the no trans fluid. You said something about leaking in your garage, was it empty from the time you got it back from the shop or did it leak out while driving? Also, why would it be empty it leak at all? Don't usually empty a transmission to replace a clutch .
I'm with you here, I'm confused too. Honda said when they cracked the drain plug on the transmission, there was no fluid that came out. When I got the car towed from my garage, I noticed oil on my trans mount. So, no idea honestly.

Quit wasting everyone's time by not taking the best advice here: take action on this shop, and get your car fixed by professionals for free. Did you pay by credit card? Contact your credit card company. They often will reverse a charge like this. Contact a lawyer about getting reimbursed for damage caused by the poor work.
No need to be a douche, man. I did take people's advice, not sure what you're getting at. I don't have credit cards, paid out of pocket. Everything is being taken care of.

Back