1.5 turbo for civic 9th gen ?

bazam83

A friend of mine has a totaled engine in his car after a minor accident and was seeking to make a significant upgrade without much of a hassle
to his car and budget

we live in egypt , and the engine we get for the 9th gen is a R16b which is a modifed r18 engine with 1600cc
puting around 125 hp
he was thinking of a engine with many possibilities for tuning and good potential but with less messing around with the mechanics and electronics

he put a target of around 200 HP

which one should he go for ?
r18
r20
k20
the new one , l15b7 turbo 1.5 L
giving in consideration the need to change his conventional 5 speed auto gear box to a cvt in that case ....
Cheers

Do you have the civic si (k24) engine where you live? The 9th gen civic si engine in the US is a 2.4 liter 4cyl non-turbo.

we have many chop shops at local mechanics, and i think the 2.4 L engine comes in our old CRVs , nut i dont know if its the k24
we sure have the b16 , h22 and k20s

we have many chop shops at local mechanics, and i think the 2.4 L engine comes in our old CRVs , nut i dont know if its the k24
we sure have the b16 , h22 and k20s
there is a k24 that went in the crv, accord and whatnot. You'd need to find out what the laws are for engine replacement where you live. In the US, you cannot legally swap an engine into a car that is older than the vehicle year. So you could not install a 2011 engine in a 2012 vehicle "legally". In the US, we had a k20 engine for the civic si from 2006 to 2011. We could not legally use that engine in a 2012+ civic.

in egypt we have flexible laws to regulate swapping
why not the 1.5 T

in egypt we have flexible laws to regulate swapping
why not the 1.5 T
I’d wager the cost of the 1.5t engine/transmission/ecu etc will be very costly, but you’d have better resources to see what they cost there. No one here has installed a 1.5t into a 9th gen. Getting the dash, tach, speedometer and whatnot to work properly with a newer model engine could be an electrical nightmare.

sorry but why do i need to change my dash for ?
everyone swapping engine since ages with nothing like that b4

You don’t need to change your dash. I just said getting the wiring to the dash cluster (tachometer/speedometer) and whatnot may be a big mess. I have no clue how different the ecu is between say the turbo 10th gen and the 9th gen 1.8 liter. You’ve got a lot of tech in the ecu, the immobilizer and whatnot to make the car run properly. It’s not just a matter of throwing a different engine block in the car and it runs.

Any engine ur gonna swap in ur car that isn’t suppose to be in it is gonna be tough electrical wise. But if ur gonna go thru the time and effort I’d go k24z7 if it’s possible to get.

With that said I’d love to see a 9th with a h22 in it.

it has to fit , because in egypt we get the new FC shape with the old engine 1.6L (the same in the FD , FB egypt )
so if the old engine fits the new shape then our old model has to fit the new engine of course with some mods

although the tuning capacities of the k20 , id think sticking to a simple turbo engine economic and efficient would be more connvient , especially that i said before no intention to pass the 200 hp barrier

Back