Just getting started-2013 Black Honda SI Coupe Mint no nav, miles 17,600!

sunofwolf

Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Coupe
Got the car 5 weeks ago-its winter and too much salt on the roads to want to drive it, no plates yet to save some dough. Putting it on the road again In march, al ready have some mods to do. Black Koing 17 in wheels-weight 17 pds each and racing lug nuts in green in basement= 28pds loss of weight and a 17 pd racing battery-first mods and delete spare tire-40pds and delete rear seat belts-6.5 pounds, After that 20 rear bar or maybe 22mm and wheel alinement. Car has 35% tint on side windows. My last Hobby SRT-4 Neon car-selling that one-its too warn out LOL! I have put on Zero miles so far-just up and down the driveway. I here the 10th ger motor is a dud with a defective engine-gas in oil bad idea Honda LOL! I looked at all the 9th gen and think the 2013 is the best year. 2014 has no key-very bad idea Honda and who needs a camera on a passenger side-another dun idea- or hill assist. Can't wait to start riding the car!!@@@ Oh glad the Honda doesn't have that over priced NAV unit!

Welcome.

First things first. If you plan on bolt ons get a flashpro.

I will get a tuner when I change the exhaust, I have to finish my debugging on the car, so far Oil perfect 80%, tires excellent but need to be rotated to save tire life. I want to check cabin filter and air filter. looks like stock filter is excellent on these cars-so leave that alone. I have a 2001 neon with 66,000 miles as my winter car with snow tires-the beater but is actually a excellent car. My old srt-4 is going to be sold in spring-maybe $9,000 for that-tons of fancy parts. I will not lower the Honda due to crummy roads. This is my second tuner car, so I do know what I am doing. The Honda si coupe 2013 has a perfect body and paint and is in MInt shape-not one scratch , never had a car with only 17,600 miles on it and its 6 years old now.

Welcome! Sounds like you found quite a rare gem indeed. Hope all goes well worth getting the cat back on the road. Why delete the reader seat belts but leave the seat in?

Maybe take the rear seats out-I was thinking the seats cut down on road noise which they most likely do. The car has been In a garage with a car cover on-I polished the entire car with fancy car wax and rainx the glass. Was thinking of adding some type of clear plastic film on the front. There is so much sand on the road even after winter its like getting hit with really tiny rocks. This was a one owner car with service records with around five oil changes or more, driven by a old guy who couldn't use his knee any more to push the clutch in any more sitting in a garage with a cover on it and driven less than 3,000 miles a year for six years. I was looking for a car in near mint condition and in stock condition and it is. Only driver seat was used. Spot less inside and out. The World Famous Himalayan White Flame point with reddish ears and tail-Mr. Ceasar stays inside the house with his wife's. Ceasar has five, much more Lucky er than poor me. I post a Pic of it when I bring it out again to go up and down the driveway till I get a plate so I can actually drive it. I don't believe and buying anything from car dealers theif as they can find other sukers, but not me.

Last edited:
Oh don't forget I have the highest RPM vtec engine in the VFR 800 at 11750rpm- you really do feel when the VCTEC kicks in on a high 10 sec motorcycle LOL-don't think the car will ever beat the bike-needs some work New chain maybe some tires and warn out sliders-tends to fall down-very top heavy

on the internet well doc problem by owners- seems to be a cold start problem, 1.5 turbo engine was collecting gas in the engine.I have a catch can on my srt-4 for oil that gets blow into the intercooler. Never had gas go into the engine. Long term use of a engine with gas mixing in the oil-will destroy the engine. Feb 28,2018 Att: service manager-2016--18 civic 1.5L-Honda Canada has reports of engine misfire in some engines driven in cold weather -high engine oil level due to fuel or water. The thing I noticed about this is the amount is way above normal. This might be due to extreme cold and not running the motor long enough, but reports by owners www.crvownersclub.com seems to occur-gas in oil as little as a 1000 miles or less. Honda is very likely to get sued big time. 1.5 turbo has a real defect that so far isn't solved yet. Note the new turbo 2. in the civic R model so far has no problems. I never had that problem in my srt-4 turbo engine-I changed that oil every 3,000 miles or less. All very short trips usually and cold weather.

china Honda has recalled 350,000 1.5 turbo vans over this issue-it is a very bad defect. You could get a engine failing very early with gas in the engine. Some vfr motorcycles also had defects early 1200 had metal particles in the engine-some failed. Every car maker has some dud's. Honda just started making these tiny turbo engines. Just glad the 2.4 NA engine seems to have zero problems. Never pays to buy a new car and then have deal with defects.

I like to take cars apart and see if I can make it better-just a hobby of mine. I drove my loved SRT-4 today and the car was very happy-107,800 miles and still runs perfect-very fast car. Just can't handle the crappy roads being low to the ground. I will miss srt-4 when its sold to a reckless teenager LOL. The srt-4 holds the highest speeding ticket given in maine-over 155mph- a test ride by a a teenager and that car was in very poor shape-not like mine is. Well back to eating food.

I far as I know no problems with the 2013 si model, perhaps the bugs were worked out? This kind of stuff is not fun. 2012 seems to have some issues.

would seem the 2012 SI is a very bad year Honda with 51% having major engine problems that's not good. Glad I don't have that year seems like Honda screwed that car up bad with poor workmanship-the bean counters attacked it.

"I looked at all the 9th gen and think the 2013 is the best year. 2014 has no key-very bad idea Honda and who needs a camera on a passenger side-another dun idea- or hill assist."
I wholeheartedly agree with that, but maybe I'm prejudiced as my Si is a 2013. Great find on a mint Si.

Here is my Pics of 2013 SI-mint shape 17600 miles driven old by a old guy 99% stock!, Vtec 2006 motorcycle always hit over 100mph every time riden, 2001 Neon-the beater but very rare 66,000 not a beater, and my much modded SRT-4 goes 180 mph+ tested to 160 mph-I am selling it but will Get top dollor $9,000 firm maybe I should ask more LOL!! Bad light pics but 100% I am not a fake LOL!

Attachments

• P1011303.JPG
    P1011303.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 27
  • P1011302.JPG
    P1011302.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 28
  • P1011301.JPG
    P1011301.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 27
  • P1011300.JPG
    P1011300.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 31
  • P1011299.JPG
    P1011299.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 29
  • P1011297.JPG
    P1011297.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 28
  • P1011296.JPG
    P1011296.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 27
  • P1011295.JPG
    P1011295.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
VFR 800 11750 vtec redline-2006 best year sounds very musical most amazing sound in the world carbon fiber music Drum Beat-jungle sound !

Attachments

• P1011294.JPG
    P1011294.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 11
Back