Guys with 22mm rear sway bars... Bushing Upgrade

its only going to affect the performance of the car in a positive way, like i said i like my car to keep planted to the road for sharp corners and make driving more responsive
it wont void the warranty unless something fails and its directly related to the aftermarket part, heres the link to the info
http://www.9thcivic.com/forum/threads/magnuson-moss-warranty-act.7422/

I looked everywhere and got mixed answers.

Can anyone confirm that the progress 22m part# 62.1009 rear sway bar indeed fits the 2015 Honda civic Si Coupe?

8th gen progress rear sway fits the 9th gen. Same part

They should come with everything you need. You won't need to use the long rectangular plates but do use the larger flat ones with the triangular point on them. They are a reinforcement bracket for the lower control arm end link mounting point. It makes sense once you get under the car but be sure and bolt them in place. Your stock end links are plenty strong just take your time getting them off. Use a wire brush to clean up the threads before you try and back the nut off.

If anyone has the progress bar or is thinking about getting one there are greaseable sway bar bushings available from energy suspension. These fit on the rear bar only, fit on the 8th gen, and since the sway bar is interchangeable these should be also. At around $15 it is a fairly inexpensive upgrade.

If anyone purchases this part and confirms fitment post up here and let us know.
Part# 9.5158

95158G_lg.png

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=9.5158

Ordered a pair thx. Know anything similar for the eibach 24mm upgraded front sway?

Ordered a pair thx. Know anything similar for the eibach 24mm upgraded front sway?
Leave the front sway stock. You can end up with worse understeer by changing it out.

Reactions: Nix
You'll also need a 90 degree Zerk fitting for the drivers side. The gas tank is in the way of being able to fit a grease gun on there. Install the new fitting while they are off the car. Much much easier.... trust me....

Leave the front sway stock. You can end up with worse understeer by changing it out.

I have read this! thx I already have them here and plan to go ahead with install. This is my daily and if there is slight understeer, I'll just have to become a better driver :vtec:

does the 24mm sway bar install effect the wheel alinement or do you have to get it checked?@@@

does the 24mm sway bar install effect the wheel alinement or do you have to get it checked?@@@
I installed 24mm, and got an alignment shortly after. It kicked my camber negative a ways (bottom out), which can't be corrected without aftermarket adjustable camber arms. I eventually installed those and got another alignment. The camber wasn't a problem really but I just didn't want/need it like that.

perhaps 24mm too much maybe the 22mm bars would work better-??@@@@@@@

perhaps 24mm too much maybe the 22mm bars would work better-??@@@@@@@
I think it's really a matter of preference. I'm happy with the 24mm on the low setting, but I know that people are also happy with the 22mm.
I did have a lot of difficulty with the associated pieces though, coming loose and making popping noises. I've had a bushing saddle break, and have also swapped the end links a couple times. Now I'm using the energy greaseable bushings, and the updated moog endlinks. Tightened everything down while the suspension was loaded, used the breakable loctite, and everything has finally been snug.

seems like a pain in butt- I haven't even tried the stock set up yet-as many race car drivers sometimes say-loose is sometimes also faster-too tight and the suspension may not work right.

Installing a sway bar shouldn't affect alignment at all, unless of course if something like a toe adjuster or camber arm is unbolted and not reinstalled the way it came off. In either case, I had zero issues with alignment after throwing on my 24mm rear bar, and nothing has come lose since then.

Back