Amazon, Mobil 1 & Valvoline Oil Compared

**** keeps up with Mobil 1 and for $20. I’m in. I’ll order some right now and let u guys know. I change my oil so frequently in both my rides this is a huge save on money.

No. I can though. I’m currently running amsoil in the si and that’s what this will be going in.

• Staff
Last edited by a moderator:
so the mtf and the oil results were bad? They were both on the dragon trip weren't they?

I will then.

I just ordered the kit. I’m gonna run the amsoil for another two weeks cause that shits expensive and I don’t have many miles on the oil.

so the mtf and the oil results were bad? They were both on the dragon trip weren't they?

Yes, to the MTF. There was more wear than I was comfortable with and Blackstone was suggesting no more than 5,000 miles between changes. Considering they advertise up to 12,000 miles between changes and the price, I was not happy with not even being able to go half of that.

All tests included batches that were and were not part of Dragon trips.

I would change the oil at 4,000 miles and use that cheapo Walmart syn st oil for $16 sold everywhere-seems as good as $25 Mobil 1- fight for your money these oil over priced crooks are just selling you a label. LOL @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@. I run mobil one filters $10 at wally world-the napa platinum might be a little better but is $12- I am a cheapo-notice civic owner!

Napa syn valvaline sold for $19 might be better than all three.

:thumb: I’m interested to see how it does. I can’t seem to find anyone who’s done lab work on it yet. Others have done the super tech/Walmart (synthetic) - Warner oil with good results. I’d wager it’ll be the same outcome.

I watched that video the other day and considered trying it in the Si. The main complaint in the reviews is the plastic bottle sucks, mostly because there is no viewing window on the side.

Hey... save one bottle that’s decent with a window and you could always pour it into that each time of the results are good.

Back