Tak - The <3 of my 9th Gen Civic FB2

For future info, if you blow a front tire, you’re supposed to move a full size tire up front. Then put the donut on the rear.

I realize it after this. It was happened at the midnight last night and it was only 5’ degree. I called my best friend and we did it together just to get me back home. I was lucky that I drove my car to a local gas station because it was only 8 blocks from where it happened. But none of the guys at gas station was willing to help. Smh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question Guys

So now with both old tires are in the front and both new tires are in the rear, how will I do the next tire rotation?

Thanks

Hello everyone

I just wanted to know if there is a way to wire my current Spyder fog light kit to a OEM switch button.

The reason is that the light on the Spyder fog light switch button has died twice in a row. It’s replaced twice from the vendor.

Although it doesn’t affect the functionality, it affects the cosmetic. I can’t tell whether it is on or not.

I would like to see if I could run the wires to the oem switch button in the turn signal or if Honda has a oem button where it’s located in the instrument panel where it is like how aftermarket switch is installed.

Thanks

buy some speed bleeders-they are cheap and make it easy to have fresh brake fluid in. I would go with drilled rotors.

I don’t know how many pins you have on the current switch you have, but likely 3? If you follow the link I posted for the diy, it shows which pins to wire to the ground etc. you’ll just cut the wires off the back of your switch and wire them over to the 5 pin switch as shown on the diy.

Reactions: Tak
I don’t know how many pins you have on the current switch you have, but likely 3? If you follow the link I posted for the diy, it shows which pins to wire to the ground etc. you’ll just cut the wires off the back of your switch and wire them over to the 5 pin switch as shown on the diy.

Hi @webby

I recall it’s a 5 pin switch too. But the connector only has 4 wires.

I also bought one from eBay. It looks the same but it’s tight fit in the slot

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-5-Pi...-Accord-CRV-/292253642489?txnId=1660813062019

Yeah, sometimes the aftermarket/replica switches aren’t the best fit. That’s your call if you can make it work, or if you want to get the oem Honda one.

Reactions: Tak
Yeah, sometimes the aftermarket/replica switches aren’t the best fit. That’s your call if you can make it work, or if you want to get the oem Honda one.

Hi @webby

That’s the reason why I posted message here. I’m tired of a crappy switch button and want something stable.

I will look into this oem switch button.

Thanks for the information.

Hi @webby

Upon reading the DIY instruction, it’s mentioned about the green plug.

I’ve got a green plug along with the eBay switch in my last message here. Is this the one they used?

Thanks
48d7059e29e626ea038867fd634927cb.jpg

I’m guessing the green plug goes into the back of the switch, and then you solder wires off of that to the lighting items (or whatever people want to hook up to the switch). Without seeing the back of the switch you bought, that’s my guess.

Hi everyone

Can someone recommend a mini spray gun that I can use to do spot repair on the rear passenger door?

What happens is that I got a bad scratch about the size of my palm 3 by 3”.

I did a quick touch up by touch up pen but it looks nasty and ugly due to the size. I’d say 40 out of 100. It just looks okay better than scratch and discolored.

As the weather gets warmer soon, I will need to sand it down and re spray that area.

I don’t want to drop it to a shop yet. I want to try and learn it myself. If I’m able to get 85% result, I’d call it a day.

Thanks

Is it down to bare metal on the scratch? If you run the edge of your fingernail into it, will it catch on your nail? You will not be happy trying to spray an area. You will need to spray the whole door. Shops will even likely spray into adjacent panels to blend the paint. Over time your paint isn't going to match into new paint, so you cannot exactly spot treat an issue. If the scratch isn't really down to metal, a professional detailer could potentially get the scratches out. Here, I just posted these for booty showing scratch and paint issues from emblems and what can be done to fix it.
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2007-subaru-wrx-sti.15773/page-6#post-437346

or look for examples of paint correction rasky has done on cars. He has a whole thread of cars he's repaired in all states of damage from slightly scratched to terribly damaged.
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/raskys-work.582/

Hello webby

I forgot whether it was down to metal or not. But I applied tons of touch up paint with a touch up pen for a quick fix that day. I was pissed and upset after seeing that scratch that I couldn’t buff it out. That area looks messy and uneven now.

After watching this YouTube video, I believe we could do spot repair. It’s because the size is very identical and location is somewhat close. Mine is underneath the door jam.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3tyRF9VFDvE

I’m trying to minimize the cost of repairs. I’m hella broke. That’s why I want to see if I could get a small air gun with compressor to touch up paint like how the guy did in the video.

Additionally, I’m even unsure if I could claim insurance as well. My deductible is $250.

Thanks

Back