Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

Got a fix it ticket for front windshield tint, had to remove it. They didn't care about side window tint so that was good.

That sucks! What was your tint % ? CA is really strict about tint which sucks, my windshield is tinted with 50% tint and a 5% strip, my front windows are 15% and rear are 5% cops in FL don’t really care about it, but I have a permit though so I don’t care either lol but I have a buddy with 15% all around and his windshield tinted 35% on the whole thing and he hasn’t been pulled over since he had it done 3 years ago, I personally think thats too dark though.

45E226FE-160F-420C-98CB-0F342A3749D3.jpeg

I would have keep going-and make the cop pull me over. its tinted you can't see anything LOL! At inspection they wanted me to pay for a sticker-I went some where else to get inspected! Now in CA where you get roasted in heat-no tint LOL! If you saw the fuzz, why didn't you just avoid the cop?
I made a left turn and the light was red and the cop was on the side of the curb. He stopped what he was doing and told me to pull over. Not really a way out of it and I wasn't going to drive off.
That sucks! What was your tint % ? CA is really strict about tint which sucks, my windshield is tinted with 50% tint and a 5% strip, my front windows are 15% and rear are 5% cops in FL don’t really care about it, but I have a permit though so I don’t care either lol but I have a buddy with 15% all around and his windshield tinted 35% on the whole thing and he hasn’t been pulled over since he had it done 3 years ago, I personally think thats too dark though.

View attachment 58850
Yours looks pretty dark as well, but mine was 30%, no way I would go lower than that. I had it for about 4-6 months. It is definitely illegal, I was aware of that when putting it on, but I didn't know much about tint so I just went with it and stuck with it. I knew it was a matter of time until I got a fix it ticket. Not sure if I would bother redoing it at 50%+. Here was mine at 35%

52001225_357046368221924_537713477209292800_n.jpg

tinted glass can't see anything, only a problem in CA-I would file a counter complaint of harassment especially if the car was all ready inspected and passed!

Last edited:
I made a left turn and the light was red and the cop was on the side of the curb. He stopped what he was doing and told me to pull over. Not really a way out of it and I wasn't going to drive off.

Yours looks pretty dark as well, but mine was 30%, no way I would go lower than that. I had it for about 4-6 months. It is definitely illegal, I was aware of that when putting it on, but I didn't know much about tint so I just went with it and stuck with it. I knew it was a matter of time until I got a fix it ticket. Not sure if I would bother redoing it at 50%+. Here was mine at 35%

That doesn’t look much darker than mine, what are your side windows? Personally if you want to avoid being pulled over again yet you want the protection to your interior do a 70% on the entire windshield, Its clear enough to go unnoticed but strong enough to protect you from the sun, my dad has it on his CRV, I’ll get you a picture later to show you.

from an eye doctor? Or what's the story on that?

Yes, every state actually has that form. You just have to have a doctor fill it out and then you send it to the DMV, they will mail you back a certificate. There is no limit to the tint % with that permit (atleast in FL) I could do 5% all around including the windshield but that’s just ridiculous.

Ya go to doctor DR.Dueguess get form then tint your windows 99% or just black them out completely-just 95% on front windshield.

That doesn’t look much darker than mine, what are your side windows? Personally if you want to avoid being pulled over again yet you want the protection to your interior do a 70% on the entire windshield, Its clear enough to go unnoticed but strong enough to protect you from the sun, my dad has it on his CRV, I’ll get you a picture later to show you.
It does look similar, I may go 70% with a tint strip in the future. All the other tint that is on my car has been there since I got it so I'm not too sure. I may have all the tint removed and get it re-tinted. Some place near me quote $160 for all the windows excluding the moon roof and front window with a lifetime warranty. I haven't really shopped around so I might look into other places, but the prices seems more than fair.

I drove the STi yesterday since the weather was nicer but then it got cloudy, windy and cooler :/ I took her to the local Subaru Meet last night and then took her back to her secret location this morning to be stored :giggle:

STi Interior 3-14-2019.jpg

Here is one of my friend's '07 SWP (Satin White Pearl) STi and another friends Acura TSX (modified)

STi Meet BWW.jpg

While I don't have any pics, out of necessity, I was forced to do a full wash and wax on my Civic today. I know what you're thinking, "forced" is a bit of a strong statement; but, it was a fact.

So, rewind a little bit, I had to go to RI for about 3weeks for work in late Feb to early Mar; so, I decided I'd take the Civic up. All in all, the drive up, around town (even with the snow when I was there), and back down was uneventful. It was my first time driving the Civic in the snow and it handled perfectly well. Anyhow, I get back to VA, and after a few days, took the car in to get a wash. I didn't do anything special (the car isn't perfect), just took it through a decent automated wash mostly to spray all the salt off and out from under it. Then, got back home and parked it in my driveway where I usually do; the next day, from the top of the door all the way to the bottom, I find a nice skid mark all the way down, window included; it was a nice, hey fvck you, welcome back, here's a shitty gift for you. But, all in all, not a big deal, just a quick hose off to take care of it. Well, a week goes by and I didn't really need to go anywhere as I have some time off from work, just had some errands here and there. Well, each time I go out past my car, I would notice more 'gifts' being left for me on the roof, mirrors, windows, and what not. I honestly didn't know what to think, the car had never really been a target before; but, for some reason it was catching a lot of sh!t (pun intended). Then, just the other day, I was talking to a neighbor, and I found the culprit, a fvcking Robin decided to use my car as their personal toilet, dancing all around the top like it owned the fvcking thing (little bastard can take over payments if it wants it that bad). I didn't have time to wash it right away due to other events and then it rained the next couple of days. So, fast forward to this morning, I'm out the door early (before light, took my Pilot) to drive 2hrs out in order to drop some freight off for my Stealth and when I get home 4hrs later, I see the Civic and it is basically a different color. It looked like I drove my car through a shitfall (think waterfall); it was built up on the mirrors; and, just all over the place in general with at least a dozen 'piles' of poo on the roof around the sunroof area. I don't know what it was about the Civic, there wasn't really a drop on my Pilot parked next to the Civic; there wasn't really anything on my neighbor's truck parked 10ft away. But, for some reason, the Civic was being used as a chamber pot. I could just hear Mr Lahey from The Trailer Park Boys saying something about a sh!t-pocolypse on the Civic. Needless to say, as soon as I got home this morning, I got changed and went out and scrubbed the car, then put a couple coats of wax on it to try and protect it a little. I swear, if I catch that damn bird, it will never sh!t on another car again.

Last edited:
had been looking for some decent warm white LED panels to fit into the interior lights
THe first one i ordered was too wide (36mm) to fit in the front roof lights. This one was just right
https://www.ebay.com/itm/4x-Warm-White-AUTO-Panel-Glove-Lamp-Reading-Light-18-5630-SMD-LED-J205/312157336479?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

T10 LED replacements are not bright enough, and I am not a big fan of the bling white - these look more natural, but light up the insides like floodlights!
Pics coming soon!

Today, I parted ways with Veronika, my 2013 Civic Si Coupe. More than 5 years and 108910 miles later, she has been nothing but wonderful to me as a first car. Now I am on to bigger and better things (see pics), and oh how much bigger and better it is!!

I will be putting some parts and my FlashPro up for sale soon, as well as continuing to lurk cuz this forum is an awesome community. Thank you to all of the members who have helped me over the years, you are all appreciated and too numerous to count.
d988acbb61e18038832f331d8f5b283c.jpg
7738f3dc9c99ea1dca12fe696027efdf.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Congrats! Details on the Audi?

@Damaca got an Audi recently too.
2013 S4 135k miles, one owner which looks to be a father from MA, had an oil leak that needed fixed which we took care of, otherwise she runs like a dream. The price was right and it had an excellent service history. It has all the options, except adaptive cruise control, and still feels like it has all 333 HP from the factory.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back