Amazon, Mobil 1 & Valvoline Oil Compared

well wait for rain, I don't like driving in rain if I can help it. from the reviews the firestone grips good in wet but may slip out with little warning, but is that really true. I don't know and hope I don't find out either because that's like trying to crash. You can test its limit fairly easy however by seeing how it avoids potholes in rain see where the grip is. I never had Potenza s 04 tires and have zero interest in them because they fail the price performance test-costing way too much, some other tires do a bit better in the rain but lose out in the dry. I think any of these HP summer tires is fine in the rain as long as you learn their limits. Race car tires also don't last long. I doubt I will burn up the firehawks all summer. Wear also effects these tires so half warn out-means the wet is ruined as well.

I know race cars use different type of tires I am speaking about normal tires. None of us are going to out perform any drag radials, slicks, race tires ect. My Potenza S-04 were absolutely amazing in wet conditions and handled even better on dry roads.
Looks like they passed your dry test, let s see about rain

I wonder if any difference you would notice between Platinum Ultra and napa vavoline,. I would doubt it. But you would notice the cost $17 vs $25
It would cost me the 8 bucks in fuel to make it to the closest napa. I am going to do another oil change soon to get my old oil out. After that I am going to send in a sample at 3,000 miles to see where I am and go from there.

I bought enough nap oil and filters for a year or more, kind of silly to waste time thinking about it, but let me know what you find out, my average cost is actually $16 with napa rewards, the store is very close but I go to wally and amazon so distance isn't a problem. I don't really see much difference except Ulta is more $. How can you believe the claim cleans piston 30% better than what oil comparison are misleading :bleh:

I bought enough nap oil and filters for a year or more, kind of silly to waste time thinking about it, but let me know what you find out, my average cost is actually $16 with napa rewards, the store is very close but I go to wally and amazon so distance isn't a problem. I don't really see much difference except Ulta is more $. How can you believe the claim cleans piston 30% better than what oil comparison are misleading :bleh:
maybe just paying extra for a fancy jug labels.

Elmo poured dirt in your engine again, shouldn't have left the hood open.

Is that your platinum oil that looks like ****?:spaz: I don't believe pensoil claims at all where is the proof!

Is that your platinum oil that looks like ****?:spaz: I don't believe pensoil claims at all where is the proof!
If you don't believe their testing and claims, do a blackstone oil analysis on your oil after using your oil, and then do one oil change with their oil and compare your results with blackstone. The numbers will tell you the better oil. Pennzoil has a video and various tests against mobil and valvoline. If they falsified the data, you think mobil and valvoline wouldn't come after them?

View: https://youtu.be/fjWawa2Q94A

Cleanest Pistons With Pennzoil Ultra Platinum™

Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Full Synthetic Motor Oil with PurePlus Technology keeps pistons cleaner than any leading synthetic oil: up to 35% cleaner than Valvoline SynPower.1 It also keeps pistons up to 40% cleaner than required by ILSAC GF-5.2

Why is the complete protection of all the parts of your engine so important? When pistons get dirty, their friction increases which causes the mechanism to work harder to maintain quality performance. The more friction, the more wear and tear on the parts. Dirty pistons also decrease output, this increases fuel consumption as the mechanism tries to compensate.

Keeping your pistons clean and well lubricated will increase fuel efficiency and overall performance.

1 Based on pistons from standard V6 engine in ASTM Sequence IIIG piston deposit test using SAE 5W-30. Does not apply to Pennzoil Ultra Platinum™ 0W-40.
2 Based on ILSAC GF-5, Sequence IIIG piston deposit test using SAE 5W-30, and Ford, Chrysler and GM specifications. Does not apply to Pennzoil Platinum® Euro products.

Sequence IIIG piston deposit test
Objective • Measure lubricant thickening and piston deposits under high-temperature conditions and provide information about valve train wear.

penn.png

If you want "proof" as you say, then buy a jug for one oil change and see for yourself. There are also endless blackstone lab results from others running their oil. Go look at them for yourself.

No that was Amsoil I got for free. I don't know if it just picked up sludge from the original owner not taking care of it or if it failed but I doubt Amsoil is that bad.

I am going to do 1 more oil change soon to cycle out any build up or old oils out and submit a sample to Blackstone.

I mean look at the coffee pot demonstration heating the oil to 400 degrees for just 2hrs. Look at how dark it is when it's not even going through the combustion process.

black.png

also additives can cause it to turn black without the oil being "bad".

=====

oil.png

That oil did not seem thick so maybe it is supposed to be dark? I have never used Amsoil before I only did it because when I was going to try and sale it I got free oil to try. But it is a used motor so maybe the person before did not take care of it too.

it could be just additives in amsoil causing it, yea

Ok maybe it actually works better but at what mileage did they use in these tests because I change the oil quite often. Did they run the test to 10,000 or 5,000 miles? any oil is going to age and then not work as well. MY car the oil was changed out every couple of thousand miles, it mostly stay in a garage and driven only 3,000 or less in a year. a blackstone test would actually prove if its that much better or not. Maybe someone here wants to run all these tests, but not me.:cucumber: :ohnoes:

:face-puke:
That oil did not seem thick so maybe it is supposed to be dark? I have never used Amsoil before I only did it because when I was going to try and sale it I got free oil to try. But it is a used motor so maybe the person before did not take care of it too.
some oil is dark like truck oil or tractor. The big thing here about clean piston would have something to do with clean oil. No matter what oil you use, it stays in to long its not going to work too well.

Back