HDMI while driving on Nav Radio

Jaybe

Houston, TX
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
I just did a retrofit from NON Nav to Nav HU on my 2015 Si and everything works perfect just like from factory, the only different thing now is that the HACK that i was using with my NON Nav unit to use the HDMI while driving is not working with the Nav HU. It kind of works but now when I disable the DD VSP ERROR the hand brake Hack works just like on the Non Nav HU but now when the car starts moving it disables the HDMI :-( I have been using this Hack with my kids for over 2 years and now that I did the Nav Retrofit I cant. Any idea out there on how can I Bypass this safety feature.

That's what I was doing with the Non Nav unit, now the Nav Radio have an additional safety that when the car starts moving the HDMI Video gets disabled like the Nav System don't allow you to type an address into the Navigation system while the vehicle is in motion. the Hack from the 1st video works on my original HU and on the Nav HU but when the car starts moving I get the BIR RED HDMI WARNING, on my original HU there was no Navigation system and there was no other Safety , just the Parking brake like the one from the 1st Video Link. :-(

best thing to do, hold the power button, home button, and eject button for a few seconds, select detail, hold menu until the 2nd "secret" menu comes up, select vehicle information, bottom right, select the one that says vdm error, and then turn that to off. You now have no lockout while driving for your hdmi. Also if you use a firestick for mirroring purposes you dont need any wifi or data connection. It will mirror all the time without any secondary data connection.

Back