Can somebody give a detailed bumper swap list

SirBuzzKillington

Hey all, new to the forum. I had a 2016 Civic EXL sedan in silver. Got tboned by a drunk driver and the car got totaled. It was a blessing and a curse. I ended up finding a 2014 SI Sedan, black with under 50k in excellent shape. I'm actually way happier with the SI than the EXL. I've always been an enthusiast but when i bought the 16 EXL the SI's weren't out yet.

I want to do a bumper swap, i think i have narrowed it down to choosing the 13 coupe front bumper to make my car look the way i want it to. I have poured over forums and cant seem to narrow down if this is a direct fit, or it requires a headlight and grill swap as well.

I know there are a lot of knowledgeable people on here and i was hoping someone could provide me a list of bumpers that will be a one for one swap, no grill or headlights required. If this is already somewhere on the forum i apologize. Looking to do a few different mods to this SI nothing crazy. Any advice and help is appreciated. Thanks everyone.

One thing to think about is fog lights. The 12/13 coupe had oval fogs, where you have a 14 si sedan which has round fogs. I don't know if fogs matter to you. You can directly swap the bumper from the 12/13 coupe to your sedan. The only thing you'd need is the grill/emblem piece from the coupe as well.

The 14/15 coupe bumper is not a direct swap.

Here are some pics of someone testing the sedan/coupe swap way back in the day. Note the fogs on the 12 sedan were oval at that point.
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/confirmed-9th-gen-coupe-sedan-si-bumper-swap.7662/

Thanks for your reply, fog lights are important to me so would that require me to swap the fog lights out and the bumper. That's still better than having to do headlights and a grill on top of that

So fogs, upper grill/emblem, & bumper would be needed to do the swap. 12/13 coupe parts.

A guy on IG did the swap (9th sedan to 9th coupe). You can ask him. I sorry but I forgot his IG but you can probably find it with the 9thgencivic hashtag if your patient.

you will need everything from hood, fender, front bumper, headlights, and even the triangular window trims.

Its an extremely expensive swap. Even if you manage to find the parts off a scrap yard, your gonna spend anything from 1.5 to 3 thousand with a paint match.

^this is not the case if you’re doing a 12/13 coupe front. 14/15 coupe requires lights and other items as mentioned.

^this is not the case if you’re doing a 12/13 coupe front. 14/15 coupe requires lights and other items as mentioned.

Oh shoot your right. Forgot it was 14-15 for the redesign, not 13 to 15.

Anyways, I did the 2013 coupe front end on a 2014 sedan with the hfp kit.

I wouldn't say it's an exact fit. It's about 85 to 90 percent. The bumper fits but its not a 100 percent match so there were gaps around the headlight area. (I was using an OEM si bumper) Plus, a lot of the plastic under trim along with the plastic engine cover that goes above the hood latch does not match. What this meant for me was the bumper was held on with just the side tabs and some zip ties that I placed where ever I could. It held on fine for over a year but if you ever get into any head on collision, its going to come flying off pretty easily. I spoke with some people people on IG and they also had the same experience.

Just note, I was on stock height so the bumper looked really strange from some angles (2nd photo) so I switched to the 2012 sedan front end.

ub9H2Km.jpg

DNrnj2P.jpg

TLBxutK.jpg

aqwW8xq.jpg

16cGZTW.jpg

Back