Chicago, IL
Vehicle Model
Volkswagen Golf GTI
Here we go! ..again.
3eb13a0b0cac53eceae3619dbd439bc0.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Just ordered some new bits.

VMR V810's in Gunmetal (19x8.5 +45)
Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's (235/35R19)
034 Motorsports Dynamic+ Lowering Springs
cfa97071dfc357475de6e4e932a9cdaa.jpg

Will there be a pool going to see how long you’ll end up keeping this ride before swapping? ;)

Congrats....

Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's

Liked the Firehawk's on the STi so going with them again on the Audi? Did you really get enough miles on them to see how they were?

Will there be a pool going to see how long you’ll end up keeping this ride before swapping? ;)

^ I came here to post that :rotfl:

I ran Firehawks on the GTI and out gripped AWD cars in the mountains. That was enough for me. The STI handled WAY better than this S3 so I'll assume some of it was the tires. PLUS I can't pass up $150 a pop for 19's.
Congrats....

Liked the Firehawk's on the STi so going with them again on the Audi? Did you really get enough miles on them to see how they were?

^ I came here to post that :rotfl:

Wait the sti is already gone? Dude ur a maniac. U switch cars more then @r18-power who is building an a3 right now.

For real! Lol

Hah! I only grabbed the STI because I couldn't fit a baby seat in the S3. That wasn't an issue after my wife swapped her car.

I fit 2 car seats in my a3 :rolleyes: loving the s3 man congrats! What year and how many miles on it?

Really?! How tall are you?

It's a 2016 Premium Plus with 29k Miles.
Thing is fully loaded minus the sport seats.
For real! Lol

I fit 2 car seats in my a3 :rolleyes: loving the s3 man congrats! What year and how many miles on it?

Really?! How tall are you?

It's a 2016 Premium Plus with 29k Miles.
Thing is fully loaded minus the sport seats.

Yeah, Im 5’10 I have a toddler seat behind me and a baby seat in the middle, I’ll see if I can get a pic. Nice man! Mine is a 2015 a3 2.0t quattro premium plus as well, it had a little over 20k miles when I got it, I love my audi I can’t imagine how much better the s3 is, I really need to test drive one.

So I dropped my car off at the dealership for one last inspection before my warranty expires and found out it had previously been flagged with a TD1. Turns out the car has an APR Stage 1 HO Tune. Pretty sweet but sorta sucky at the same time since I really want to go with Unitronic this time around.

so I had to look up TD1.... so it's basically vw/audi's way of denying warranty work if they realize you have it tuned if I'm reading it right? So, it's possible to get the apr tune and then sell the device? With flashpro and others it requires you to return the car to stock to be able to resell the tool.

You may want to look into that further because for example my local audi dealership (they’re an authorized APR vendor) offers apr tunes which retain the factory warranty so if my car was still under warranty (its a 2015 so its not) I could take it to the dealer and they would not flag it because it was tuned by audi techs (they could also flash it back to stock) unless the previous owner did the apr tune somewhere else.

You're talking about APR Plus. Those are sorta' watered down compared to their main tunes. APR Plus doesn't actually retain a FACTORY warranty but uses a third party company.

APR/Unitronic/Integrated Engineering/034 Motorsports/etc are all flashes. The only device would be a piggy back like a JB1/JB4 which is, allegedly, undetectable.

Nah. Gonna go back to Stock then Stage 1+ with Unitronic. Not gonna go balls to the wall with this one. It's plenty fast even Stage 1.

Back