Amazon, Mobil 1 & Valvoline Oil Compared

Amsoil website sells the Signature Series 0w - 20 for $13.30 at full retail. Be a preferred customer for $10/6 months. Free ship over $100. Signature Series has "50% more cleaning power than Amsoil OE". SS is guaranteed for 25,000 miles/1 year. Not sure about OE. Still looking.

https://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/motor-oil/gasoline/

Very interesting data bulletin from Amsoil. In particular, notice the NOACK volatility loss for the various grades of oil. This is why I am such a fan of 10w-30. Even 5w - 20 isn't too bad. But the 0w - 20 is up there at 12% loss, well over twice what you'd lose with 10w - 30.

Attachments

• AmsoilDB.pdf
    193.3 KB · Views: 2
I got $20 from pennziol and it took just two weeks, fill it out online and save a stamp. My guess is the best oil to run is actually the 05-20 not 0-20w.:iough:

Two of my favorite Amsoil products are their oil filters and their "P.I"., a detergent based Performance Improver that cleans injectors, combustion chambers, and is shown to increase gas mileage as well. Their SS oil is excellent too. It's just that the competition has more or less caught up, not to mention being a better bargain.

btw, most injector cleaners like Techron are alcohol based, cheaper but not nearly as effective. See attached PDF.
I would be curious to try this. At the moment I am saving up to rebuild my head I believe my guide seals bad my car still has a some blueish smoke. At first I thought it was from not running a catch can.

Where is that P.I stuff, I use techron and its only $5. what did you do to your car, too many drag racing starts ? LOL! I only blew up a vw bettle. :bananapop:

Last edited:
No, I believe who ever owned the motor before me just didn't take care of it causing premature wear on parts.

I am going to order a compression tester to eliminate that and move from there.

sounds like you need a new engine, I wouldn't want to be in your shoes.:ohnoes:

No, I believe who ever owned the motor before me just didn't take care of it causing premature wear on parts.

I am going to order a compression tester to eliminate that and move from there.

:omg:doesn't sound like you need a compression test when you all ready Know the engine is no good.

:omg:doesn't sound like you need a compression test when you all ready Know the engine is no good.
I could just be the turbocharger itself and not the motor at all. The motor is not pouring smoke out of so I can't say it is a bad motor it my just need some TLC.

I have a head I know is 100% in good shape but I would rather build the head and bottom end all at once instead of doing it twice if I don't need to.

If the compression teste comes back normal I can pull the subframe again so I can pull the turbo and check for play, ensure the oil is flowing from the turbo properly and so on.

Had a few bottles of old Signature Series 0w - 30 lying around. Must be 10 years old. The back of the bottle is shown below...a peel-off comparison of a 4-ball wear test ASTM D4172, showing Amsoil and Pennzoil top contenders.

Notice however that it's Pennzoil Platinum not Ultra Platinum shown -- which is Pennzoil's high performance oil. This is typical of Amsoil... they sponsor the testing so they get to choose which brands are shown and which results displayed.

Attachments

• IMG_20190614_100009277.jpg
    IMG_20190614_100009277.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 9
How about a test with Lucus gas cleaner and tech ron. Lucus gas conditioner and injector cleaner comes in a gal for only $24 amazon and treats 600 gals. Buy non branded gas and put lucus treatment in,:paper: is better then name brand gas with no Lucus inside. One ounce per ten gals. I am using it on 250 Ford, vfr 800, john deere tractor, 2001 neon, craftsman 6hp lawn mower, honda si -I can do a mileage check to actually see if any deference running just gas or with lucus gas treatment.

jet oil is $30 a qt and is not made for cars, so Jet oil should never be used in a car except in very :eyebrows:extreme cold!

81Bw9vVo3vL._SL1500_.jpg

Back