Toyota Supra GT Racing Concept Unveiling

Toyota Cancels Supra Orders For Customers Who Made Deposits

Toyota will kick off Supra deliveries in Europe this summer with a special edition model dubbed the A90 Special Edition.

Only 90 such cars will be available across the continent, including the United Kingdom, and while the UK has been allocated 24 units, Toyota’s local subsidiary seems to have taken more bookings than that.

Several customers who had paid £1,000 reservation fees for the Supra A90 Special Edition received e-mails from Toyota UK announcing them the company couldn’t keep its end of the bargain.

“It is with sincere regret that we write to advise you it will not be possible for us to supply you with an A90 Special Edition,” Toyota UK wrote in the e-mail. Blaming the high level of interest and demand for the A90 Special edition, the company said it “experienced a technical failure” in its order system “which allowed orders to be accepted in excess of the available number of vehicles that were actually available.”

In the letter signed by Toyota GB General Manager for Product Marketing, Richard Lacey, customers were informed that Toyota UK has not been able to secure any additional supply of the A90 Special Edition. The company apologized and announced disappointed customers they had two options.

They could either cancel their orders and have their reservation fees refunded or they could convert the fee into an order for a Supra 3.0L Pro — the highest trim level available in the UK. In that case, they will get a free two-year service plan and an invitation to attend a Toyota Gazoo Motorsport Event as a guest of Toyota GB.

Furthermore, for those customers who would prefer to wait to test drive the Supra 3.0L Pro before making a decision, their reservations will be maintained. Compared to the regular model, the Toyota Supra A90 Edition features a new Storm Grey matt paint finish, matt black alloy wheels and a driver’s cockpit upholstered in red leather. The rest of the specification matches the Supra 3.0L Pro model.

Oooo. People are gonna be pissed. They better not cancel my super secret bi turbo v10 Supra spec type r I ordered.

First 2020 Toyota Supra Delivered To Customer Who Paid $2.1 Million For It

VEThbvT.jpg

The keys have just been handed over the very first 2020 Toyota Supra customer car in a special presentation in Dallas, Texas.

The car was purchased by John Staluppi, the owner of a Toyota dealership in Texas. In addition to the special touches adorning the car’s exterior, it has a VIN ending in 20201, signifying it as being the very first 2020 model year Supra to roll off the production line.

All of the money raised from the sale of this Supra will benefit the American Heart Association and the Bob Woodruff Foundation which serves veteran and military families.

Fortunately, the winning bidder is now the owner of a Supra unlike any other. Most importantly, the car is painted in a custom shade dubbed Phantom Matte Grey. The Supra is also one of the Launch Edition models which means it receives unique badging and bright red wing mirror caps. A Toyota racing suit and a photo signed by the Japanese brand’s president Akio Toyoda was also included in the sale. Toyoda also signed the car’s engine cover.

if someone really thinks it could be a collectors item later in life, you better believe vin #1 would be worth the most.

Stig Takes Supra On Top Gear Test Track

View: https://youtu.be/CjTB7Po38Jw

The 2.83 km (1.75 miles) long circuit that includes 12 turns has long served as a proving ground of sorts, both for automakers and celebrity drivers alike. In the case of the new Toyota Supra GR, you could say it was a walk in park, as the coupe completed the course in 1 minute and 23.1 seconds. If you'd like to see where that ranks in the scope of things, you can view the top gear lap time list here: https://www.topgear.com/show/lap-times

As of writing this, the record is held by the Pagani Huayra at -01:13.8
  1. PAGANI HUAYRA -01:13.8

Cars the Supra surpassed:
  1. MASERATI GRAN TURSIMO MC STRADALE -01:23.1
  2. PORSCHE 997 GT3 -01:23.1
  3. FERRARI F430 SPIDER F1 -01:23.2
  4. JAGUAR XKR-S -01:23.3
  5. LAMBORGHINI MURCIELAGO (Retested) -01:23.7

@bootyluvr are you lined up to get it?

Balitmore Dealership Adds $42k Markup On Supra

4j00ijm.jpg

A Toyota dealer in Baltimore is offering a brand new 2020 Supra Launch Edition for a nice, round $100,000 – an eye-watering markup of $42k over list.

The Launch Edition of the new Supra is limited to 1,500 examples and distinguishes itself with little touches like high-contrast red mirror caps, forged matte black alloys, carbon details and a pretty loaded list of equipment.

The specific example, offered by Jerry’s Toyota in Baltimore, is finished in Nocturnal Black over a red leather interior and as every Launch Edition, it comes with a numbered carbon fiber plaque, so you’ll always know that your Supra is more special than the others.

Oh didn't see that. Thought you meant because I liked your posts. My bad.

$45k markup lol

These dealerships are out of control with these markups...every desireable model that comes out they want to mark it up to ridiculous prices. I know it's not "illegal", but **** me running, why do the manufacturers let this slide?

I like my $800 Neon that I al ready put double money into fixing it perfect! These high dollar cars are just purchased by thief's who stole their way to fortunes.:spazface:

Back