USB adapter cable for charging

sirvar

I'd like to use the USB port in the centre console for charging. Right now it doesn't properly charge. My phone alternates between charging and not charging every 1 second or so. To my knowledge the USB port is only for iPod and usb flash drives, but id like to make it work with charging even at 1A, although ideally more. Any advice would be appreciated.

I haven’t tried it on the civic, but I know in other cars it’ll do similar things. Try selecting the usb as a source. I’ve found when I did that it would start charging. Then I could switch sources and it would continue to charge. Again, you’d have to try it on the civic.

I know in my civic I would use that port to charge my android and it seems to work fine(civic SI non-nav). Does your phone charge fine with that cable when plugged into a wall or PC?

Although I have also noticed on my Odyssey when I try to charge my phone it doesn't put out enough to charge my phone.

Tried multiple cables, still same issue. Charges iPhone but not my android. Is there something aftermarket that I can replace it with that can work with both?

Are you using an after market head unit? Is your car Navigation or non-nav?

That is strange that it will charge the iPhone but not the android.

Non-nav LX stock head unit. Id like the USB port in the centre console so the cable is hidden.

Non-nav LX stock head unit. Id like the USB port in the centre console so the cable is hidden.

You can pick up a USB cable from Crutchfield.com

I can only speak for the premium sound system I know ours are system is compatible with Windows/Android/IOS I am not sure if the head unit in the standard system changed to the point it is only compatible with IOS if that is the case you might have to replace your head unit.

Another thing could be what Android devices are you using? it could be possible it doesn't support the power supply needed to charge your device?

Just asking. Are you sure the apple products were changing? I know the apple products I use at work will show it is changing even if the charger is not plugged into an outlet.

If it is changing the apple products it should charge any other product as long as it is putting out enough power.

Do you have a camera, MP3, or a tablet device to try?

Your best bet is to take it to an audio shop or Honda you might just have a bad cable or it is not putting out any power from the head unit. my Honda Odyssey has the same issue.

Back