Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

@ron v, I've heard a lot of people like the truhart struts. I never had them, but the 2" lowering springs on my ex were great! Perfect for a lowered daily in my experience, while still providing a good balance of comfort and performance. Just food for thought.

I just don’t really want to do any cutting on the car but I guess I did run it into a mountain so that excuse isn’t really valid.

I crashed my si man. U don’t remember? I was crying like a little baby.

I just don’t really want to do any cutting on the car but I guess I did run it into a mountain so that excuse isn’t really valid.

I bought a barely used spare set. If my originals don't look too bad, I could probably send them to you.

Wow thanks. I have to see what route I go but honestly I’ll probably do what u did as far as finding a spare set. Plus I wouldn’t want to take any stock parts from ya.

Plus I wouldn’t want to take any stock parts from ya.

Meh. I have sold, given away, or trashed all of my stock parts. Trash guy was elated to find a catalytic converter he could salvage some rare metal out of.

Ha. Then I might have to take u up on that. I’m in no rush unless the ride gets unbearable. Maybe a Xmas present to myself.

I crashed my si man. U don’t remember? I was crying like a little baby.
I may be having a stroke. How long ago was this? Did you post pictures or a story somewhere? Link so I can refresh myself?

I’ll send u pics later. It’s in my thread. Not sure if I posted pics there. Ripped off both bumpers. Broke suspension components. Mangled all my rims. It was a good one.

Working on my car today and found this cut wire. Anyone know what it's for. Located on the floor under the front drivers seat

Attachments

• IMG_20190906_143133.jpg
    IMG_20190906_143133.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 10
my srt-4 has the koni inserts, I guess the honda si have the same problem when lowering the car. After my experience with them, I would say don't bother if its a DD car. maybe a auto cross car it would be worth doing. The koni's never lasted super long-the gas leaks out in cold weather and you get a mushy ride then. It would say the stock Honda Si is a really great car not being modded too much. Tires on any car can change everything- the right one's. I got a set of Michelin's 3+ AS that are suppose to stick like summer tires below 32 degrees to at least zero degrees, that allows me to drive the car a bit longer- I will park honda:driving: when the salt machine rides by. then the beater neon with snow tire takes over.

weird, i had Koni yellows on my accord for several years, cold winters, and Dragon trips, never had any loss of performance with them.

weird, i had Koni yellows on my accord for several years, cold winters, and Dragon trips, never had any loss of performance with them.
it gets very cold here and part of the problem is the sport springs are very soft putting extra wear on the shocks and its not lowered that much also the roads are lousy too. I may replace the springs. You may not notice the change, but over time gas filled shocks very often leak out gas. The only way to really test them is to take them off- maybe even send back to koni and let them check them.

it gets very cold here and part of the problem is the sport springs are very soft putting extra wear on the shocks and its not lowered that much also the roads are lousy too. I may replace the springs. You may not notice the change, but over time gas filled shocks very often leak out gas. The only way to really test them is to take them off- maybe even send back to koni and let them check them.
Where did you buy yours? There are a lot of counterfeit konis out there for sale, especially some sellers on eBay.

mine are not counterfeit koni- I had them checked out right from the factory. I also have a gas shock on my VFR 800 that has leaked out gas. These are gas and oil shocks, so the oil part will still work , but the gas all ways leaks out and you don't get the full effect as a brand new one over time. I assume the honda shocks are just oil types. I have noticed zero problems with the Honda SI shocks, but the car shouldn't have problems as it only has 19,200 miles on it. I noticed , I drive too slow and I need to rev up the engine more before I shift and start to use that vtec more. The srt-4 is just a tired old car with 108,000 hard miles on it-I barely drive it any more. The honda si is such a nice car because everything works. :paper:

I’ve had ground control with konis on my hatch since I first lowered it and I’ve ran that thing hard. Tracks, canyons, autox and they are still holding up great. No dip in performance. I’ve had the same set up on the two civics before that and they held up great. Guy who bought my ej still rocks them.

Back