Local Autocross

Couldn't quite squeak out a 1st place finish. Was up against more seasoned drivers with 3x the power i have. Still not bad though considering I purposely placed myself in a class above where I should be.

Good run, course looked very tight and technical, I guess it wouldnt be fun in a class of 1 (smf). I’m planning on coming up for an event but bmc attendance has been down, even for a good site like Dover.

I recently won my class at the scca fingerlakes champ tour. With bf goodrich contingency I’ll have 2 free tires coming along soon.

View: https://youtu.be/LojB7UCdALg

Best run from last weeks 2 day event, this is day 1 where i won pro street tire (pax based with 16 people in the class, most national level drivers, and ended up 7th pax out of 170ish entries.

View: https://youtu.be/MV4uY5slXR0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I won't be at the event in August. I have a family event that I can't get out of. I will be at the September and October events though.

I was maybe trying to make august, but october may be the better choice, I wanna see your car up close after how long it was down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why’d they cancel it?

At the last event a storm came through without warning and drenched all the timing equipment. The main laptop got fried and now they have to replace it. Couple that with low turnout this year and they haven’t been breaking even for the cost of renting the venue. So their going to get a new laptop and regroup next year.

First autocross of this year. Our new venue is down at Ripken Stadium in Aberdeen. Larger lot and the pavement is in much better condition than the lot at Dover was. Wound up second in SMF with a field of 12 drivers in the class some of whom drive at national events.

that's very cool my autocross is on my road but the winter has made it very bumpy, only the vfr motorcycle can go fast by missing the bumps. I am kind of bump sensitive, they do have autocross here too. I bet the Honda wouldn't do bad with the firehawks 500, I noticed a bit more body movement more than I like my srt-4 would really do well in autocross perhaps I should just turn it into a autocross car-just need better tires.:joke: Going for a fast ride in the srt-4 today-haven't drove it in at least a week, rotors are getting rusty-have to fire it up.

Still love the overlay info :thumb:
I think it may actually be the best feature of the new camera besides the image stabilization. Its a good analytic tool when I watch the videos back since i'm not watching my speed, or any of the gauges really, during a run.

I think it may actually be the best feature of the new camera besides the image stabilization. Its a good analytic tool when I watch the videos back since i'm not watching my speed, or any of the gauges really, during a run.

GoPro?

Tearing it up again at the track today. We were on the lightning course this time. The fastest lap i recorded was a 1:24.10. I may have gone faster in the 3rd session, but i forgot to turn the lap timer on. At this point I am confident that i need coilovers to be able to improve my lap times any further. I was racing pretty hard with my buddy in the black Volvo.

Back